Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Beautiful puppy your Odin. Totally looks like our Lucy (Harley x Tiffany born 6/24/11.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats on Thor!!! :)

Dichi Goldens are great! My avatar is Samantha (Surfurr x Amber female) now at the Rainbow Bridge. We have now have Lucy...a Harley x Tiffany female born 6/24/11. :wavey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, Augusto, that it doesn't seem like you're able to connect with any recent Dichi puppy families. I wish I had found this link a number of years ago. We have, correction--had, two Dichi Goldens. Lexus is out of Chance and Breezie (2004) and Allie was from Gambler and Moxie (2007). Allie was one of the ALL GIRLS litter and I often hoped to meet any of her 7 sisters. We lost her recently to a hemangiosarcoma. Super sudden loss. It would also be fun to talk with any of Lexie's 12 siblings' families, too.

Thanks!

(Photo of Lexus at age 12, below)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Teddy (8 years old) has had what we believe to be acid reflux most of his life. We call them his gulping/gagging episodes. I don't know if it has anything to do with how fast he eats (even though he has a slow feeder bowl), but his episodes will sometime last off and on for a day or two...unfortunately his means to dealing with it is by pulling out and eating his tail fur if we aren't around to stop him.

We will give him a Pepcid to try and help...also rubbing under his chin/neck seems to comfort him, but what usually ends up happening is that he will slowly stop having the panic and gulping episodes and about 2 to 3 days later throw up a big furball. 😳

What are Connor's symptoms?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Teddy (8 years old) has had what we believe to be acid reflux most of his life. We call them his gulping/gagging episodes. I don't know if it has anything to do with how fast he eats (even though he has a slow feeder bowl), but his episodes will sometime last off and on for a day or two...unfortunately his means to dealing with it is by pulling out and eating his tail fur if we aren't around to stop him.

We will give him a Pepcid to try and help...also rubbing under his chin/neck seems to comfort him, but what usually ends up happening is that he will slowly stop having the panic and gulping episodes and about 2 to 3 days later throw up a big furball. ��

What are Connor's symptoms?
When he gets acid reflux he becomes very anxious - jumps on us and wants to be held. He coughs and gags frequently and he won't settle down. We and his vet think the acid in his esophagus causes discomfort and maybe even nausea. To help him he gets a Famotidine (Pepcid) tablet twice a day and we feed him smalls amounts of low fat food several times a day. The instances aren't all that frequent - December 2016 and just weeks ago on August 13. We think that the incident this past Friday may have been caused by a small piece of twig stuck in his esophagus because when he regurgitated some of his food there was a lot of foam and the twig was in the mix. Luckily when he gets reflux we have a few things we can do to help him: mucositis to coat and soothe his throat, more Famotidine (Pepcid) to cut the acid level, Tramadol to her with pain and Ondansetron for nausea. It's nice to have a protocol when it happens but I would really love to prevent these attacks altogether.

That's why I was curious if any other Dichi doggies have a history of acid reflux and what, if anything, helped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, Augusto, that it doesn't seem like you're able to connect with any recent Dichi puppy families. I wish I had found this link a number of years ago. We have, correction--had, two Dichi Goldens. Lexus is out of Chance and Breezie (2004) and Allie was from Gambler and Moxie (2007). Allie was one of the ALL GIRLS litter and I often hoped to meet any of her 7 sisters. We lost her recently to a hemangiosarcoma. Super sudden loss. It would also be fun to talk with any of Lexie's 12 siblings' families, too.

Thanks!

(Photo of Lexus at age 12, below)
walterj3 Our Dichi is Sam, also from Gambler and Moxie (2007). We picked him up exactly 11 years ago. Hope you can share some pictures.

John & Sue

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Checking in after a long time

It's fun to see that this thread is still going since I started it February 2009. I haven't visited in quite a while, until a post showed up in my email today.

Sadly, Teddy went to the bridge January 31, 2017. Hemangiosarcoma. It's been almost 2 years and I still miss him every day.

This picture was taken a few months before he passed.

Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I am so sorry. He really was a beauty.

381 - 400 of 413 Posts