Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this for a while. It seems we have quite a few Dichi pups on GRF. I thought I would start a picture thread. Post pictures of your Dichi puppy here. It would be cool if you would post the parents names as well.

Here's another picture of Teddy (Dichi Darth Theodorious), son of Kona and Stevie.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm so glad you opened this thread. I think about all of you almost every time I am on here and search for you. This will make it easier to see what your pups are up to. I love the name Teddy. He sure is one handsome guy. I love the picture on Dichi's webisite.

By the way, could everyone at least provide their first name? I wonder who is who and get confused.

My name is Gretchen. My husband and I have been married for 27 years and we live in Naperville. We have two children who are living at home while going to college. My son went to COD for 2 years and is transferring next fall to North Central where he will pursue a teaching degree. My daughter is a freshman at Benedictine University. She hopes to become a psychologist. My husband is an attorney and I work for an Employee Benefits software company doing mostly customer support, research, and consulting. We are at a pretty carefree stage of our lives and my daughter shares my passion for dogs. She helps alot and my husband and son are pretty easy going guys - so it is not too difficult to have three young dogs. There is always someone here with my children and their friends coming and going. My husband also works out of our home part of the week. So our house is a busy place and the pups get a lot of visitors : ) Anyway that is a short bio . . . .

Here are the latest pictures of Gracie (who is 15 weeks), Melody (who is 16 months) (and Marty who is not a Dichi Golden but I didn't want to leave him out since he is a big part of our lives, too. Marty is 2 years old and is field bred.)

Melody's parents are Victor and Dancer. Her full name is "Dichi's In my heart there rings a Melody".

Gracie's parents are Victor and Paige. Her full name is "Dichi's Say Goodnight Gracie".

Oh gosh, this is fun. I can't wait to see all the other Dichi pups.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Great idea Andy!

My name is Chris and I currently have 2 Dichi Goldens.

"Magic"-Dichi Do U Believe in Magic is 9 years old.
Her parents were:
"Amber"-Dichi's Treasure in Amber x "Chivas"-Forever Dichi Grand Finale

Jasmine or Jazz as we call her is 5 months old and a littermate to Akrein62's Teddy.

Her parents are:
"Stevie"-"Dichi Go Your Own Way" x "Kona"-Dichi Snowshoe Big Island

The breeders, Dick and Chris Reents have been family friends for many years and we are proud to have two of their very special dogs to love.

One thing you many not know yet about us is that we will be moving to England in June/July time frame and Magic and Jazz will be taking on this big adventure with us. We are excited that we can still stay in touch with all of our GRF friends. I am hoping to meet some of the UK members while I am there.

I also just started a Social Group for Dichi owners and admirers here on the forum and sent invites to Dichi people that I am aware of. Come on in and stay in touch about our best buddies!

Attachments

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Gosh, what pretty dogs! Dichi goldens are truly golden. :)

My name is Kim, and I'm 24 (turned 24 last Monday :uhoh:), and I'm a recent grad from UIUC with a B.S. in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. Prior to going to U of I, I went to COD and got my A.S., which I think was probably one of the best decisions in my life. COD is a GREAT community college and is pretty **** cheap, too. Anyways, now I'm living it up at my parent's house until I can afford a place of my own (which will probably take a few years, ugh). I'm supposed to start work in March working for an ecological restoration company, doing... restoration work. :p I'll be working primarily in a large tract of prairie, doing plant installations and removing invasive species. Anyways, enough about me.

I only have one Dichi golden, Flora (but that's enough for me right now!), who will be 11 weeks on Monday. She's the daughter of Dichi's Slower Traffic Keep Right ("Race") and Dichi's Living Legend ("Shelby"). I got some fresh pictures of her today in our AWESOME 50 degree weather. She's getting a kick out of all the mud and water.

I wonder if it would ever be possible for a bunch of us Dichi owners to eventually get our dogs together. That would be so fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a better introduction, my name is Andy. We also have a cat, my buddy Tango, a 9 year old, big, brown tabby. Tango and Teddy are not exacty the best of buddies, but at least there isn't much fur flying. We live in Plainfield, IL. I'm a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. And, yes, the cold and snowy winter IS my fault. :p: Teddy is the first dog I've had since I was a kid. My son and I have wanted a golden for years and we finally decided to get him a dog for his birthday. Unfortunately we didn't get him until 7 months later. But the wait was worth it.

Check out the closeups of Teddy and his sister Jazz. They look tike twins!

Keep the pictures coming.

Andy

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
Hello all!

What a great thread. My name is Kathie, married to a fantastic man that makes me laugh, and mom to 4 great kids and 2 dogs. We have 2 sons (one is married) and 2 daughters. Our youngest daughter is the only one living at home and she goes to a local college. We have raised a family of dog lovers and we are so proud of them. I've been a full time mom forever. My husband is a National Sales Manager for a huge corporation and works from our home, so I'm an unofficial assistant as well. We have a Christian music ministry and sing together at churches and events. We recorded a CD in Nashville a few years ago just to be able to hand out at concerts. I also have a complete sewing studio in our home that I love. I quilt and do embroidery as a hobby and small business. Enough about me!

Our Dichi Golden is Annie, "Ridgepond Dichi Up The Ante". Honestly, she is the most wonderful dog we could ask for. She was a mama dog for Dick and Chris and had a couple of litters. They retired her at age 4, so that she could have fun. We are so fortunate to have her. Her dad is "Gambler" and her mom is "Scandal" (from Ridgepond). Here is a link to her k9data: http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=136197

We would love (LOVE) to have a Victor offspring in the future. He's wonderful. Gambler is now retired and living the good life.

We also have an adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rosey, and I can't leave her out because she thinks she is a Golden. She adores Annie and copies her every move. She is a better retriever than many Goldens.:wavey:

Attachments

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Kim,

That first picture is toooooo cute!
We all call her indecent b/c of the way she sleeps. Of course, that's how all dogs sleep - Carmella used to sleep like that with this big ol' foolish grin on her face. It was just amazing.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Hi everyone! My name is Cindy and we luckily found Dick & Chris through all of you on GRF! My husband and I live in Naperville, IL too (like Gretchen), have 3 girls and 2 Goldens. Our latest addition is Dichi Time to Make the Donuts aka Duncan. He is from Dichi Snowshoe Big Island (Kona) x Dichi Beam Me Up (Beamer) - such beautiful dogs inside and out! We lost our 8 year old Golden (Buddy) to cancer in November and still miss him every day - he truly was one of the best dogs I've ever had.

Duncan is helping all of us, especially my 5 year old Golden (Chase), by being so sweet, funny and smart. He loves everything and is so happy to be around people. Andy, thanks for confirming that you are the person responsible for the -51 degree weather we had while I was taking Duncan outside every 30 minutes to potty train! Didn't know who to blame for that, global warming didn't seem to be the culprit! :)

Since so many of our babies are close in age it will be fun to compare stories and pictures - I think a Dichi reunion would be great! We could take a group picture and send it to Dick & Chris with our thanks for the wonderful additions to our families.

Cindy

Attachments

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I think Dichi Goldens are gorgeous. Sounds like their health and temperaments are as great as their beauty.

If I do ever get a puppy again, that's where I'd go. They are only two states away!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sweet people, thanks so much for the complements on our Goldens. Dichi Goldens are quite beautiful but what impressed me most was the excellent temperment of their dogs. Having lived through heartbreak with our German Shepherd dog 20 years ago and a disappointing experience with the breeder, well we just knew we had to research, become knowledgeable about the breed, talk to people about breeders, and make an earnest effort in our search for a quality breeder.

I am so pleased to say that Dichi Goldens are wonderful dogs. People who see us together in public ask us all the time where they are from because they are real sweethearts. Dichi Goldens has a strong reputation in our area and that is how I found out about them - I met someone with two Dichi Goldens while I was at Whalen Lake with Marty. We ran into them a couple of times and I had to know more. There was also someone else here on the forum (Jazzy's Mom from Oak Forest) who seemed to be very enthusiastic about Dichi's Gambler and Dichi's Victor. So I checked further based on those leads.

Please excuse me if it sounds like I am bragging - - - because I was raised not to do that and would be embarrassed if you thought I was, but I am so pleased with our Goldens. Dichi Goldens is a pretty special place. Dick and Chris really love and care for their dogs. They wanted to know as much about us, our household, our schedules, and our ability to care for a puppy throughout its lifetime as we wanted to know about them. I would have traveled how ever far I had to travel and jumped thru any hoop they asked, because I was so impressed with them - - - and continue to be today : )

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Can't wait for you to meet two of them. ;)
Hi Chris, you know I was thinking that when I saw you post your beautiful goldies on this thread, I didn't realise they were Dichi goldens. I have a very good friend from another forum (and I believe she posts here smetimes too) with a beautiful Dichi golden who I have seen grow up into the most beautiful girl so it would be so cool to possibly meet her close relatives in the UK...you better keep a close eye on them though...if there was any chance my coat was big enough to fit a golden under...:D

So how are the plans going for the trip??

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Since so many of our babies are close in age it will be fun to compare stories and pictures - I think a Dichi reunion would be great! We could take a group picture and send it to Dick & Chris with our thanks for the wonderful additions to our families.

Cindy
Oh my goodness, Dick and Chris would probably get a huge kick out of that. Can you imagine having so many Dichi goldens of so many different ages together? It makes me think of when we visited Dichi and saw all the goldens peeping over the fences of their dog runs. That was an amazing thing to see!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hi Chris, you know I was thinking that when I saw you post your beautiful goldies on this thread, I didn't realise they were Dichi goldens. I have a very good friend from another forum (and I believe she posts here smetimes too) with a beautiful Dichi golden who I have seen grow up into the most beautiful girl so it would be so cool to possibly meet her close relatives in the UK...you better keep a close eye on them though...if there was any chance my coat was big enough to fit a golden under...:D

So how are the plans going for the trip??
Well my husband moves over the first week in March. I will be coming with him that week so that we can look at some houses and visit the schools we applied to. Then I will return home until our permanent move in June. DH will come back for a weekend here and there but we will be missing him most of the time.

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Dichi

Where is Dichi Goldens?

My neighbor two doors from me very likely has a Dichi Golden Ret. named Wrigley.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts