Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Be careful! Rocky is very allergic to oats and he doesn't like being called an oddball.
LOL. Don't let him read this thread. Or, at least explain to him that I say it with love. :p:

Honestly, I wouldn't have given a second thought to the oatmeal. I'm a little iffy about the barley, but I didn't think the oatmeal could cause many problems. I think I'm off to see if the Innova contains oats so I'll know if I can rule it out or have to be careful of it.

Edit - Okay, the Innova does not have oats or oatmeal in it, so that isn't what's bothering him now. Not that it won't, though. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It is amazing how so many dogs are allergic to certian things. I just posted a thread asking how to determine what they're allergic to. It sounds like a task for sure!

What do you feed with your dog allergic to oat?
Natural Balance LID Sweet Potato & Fish. Natures Variety Instinct Rabbit Formula. Both grain free and excellent foods based on posts here and on Dogster.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
For us the food allergy testing helped with avoiding ingredients that trigger problems. It's controversial, but for the price it cost me for the blood test and the results, it was well worth it.

For Shadow: He needs to avoid Chicken, Turkey, Corn, Milk Products, and is border line sensitive to Duck and Rabbit. I may have left something out...:doh:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
For us the food allergy testing helped with avoiding ingredients that trigger problems. It's controversial, but for the price it cost me for the blood test and the results, it was well worth it.

For Shadow: He needs to avoid Chicken, Turkey, Corn, Milk Products, and is border line sensitive to Duck and Rabbit. I may have left something out...:doh:
If the CN doesn't work, I'm going to have him tested. I mean, if he reacts to this, I'll be back to square one with absolutely no idea what's causing it.
I started mixing in the CN Saturday evening and so far, so good. :crossfing

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.