Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Golden lovers. :wave: My golden is in her momma's tummy. I put a deposit on a litter two weeks ago. The parents were bred about the same time. She will be born in late January or early February and will be ready to go home in late March or early April. I am so excited. I know the wait will be worth it! :)

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Hi and welcome! I am from just down the road in Winchester! I bet you cannot wait to meet your little pup. Waiting after the birth is the hardest part!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Congratulations! Do you have a name list started?

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, welcome to the forum. How exciting! Do you have a preference boy or girl? :wave:
Hey cgriffin. I have the preference of a girl. Plus a girl would be better for my 2 year old son.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations! Do you have a name list started?
Hey Ljilly. I had several names I was considering like Gracie, Angel, and Princess. But I have decided to call her Mercy, hence my handle Mercy Mom. I want to share her with others as an example of God's mercy to the world.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello All. I hope you all had a nice Christmas. Now with Christmas behind me, the first thing that comes to mind of course is my future pup. I will keep you all posted as to how things develop. She should be born in late January or early February. I look forward to bringing her home. I will be raising her to be a therapy dog. I look forward to working with Mercy, which I will call her, to comfort the hurting and the lonely and to share the love and mercy of Jesus Christ with everyone.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
puppy time is he best. I'm in Manassas as well.
Where are you getting her?
You should hit the Pet Smart over by Costco, they have good toy sales at this time. AND target has some really cute smaller toys that are perfect for a pup and only a few bucks each...terry cloth and machine wash easy. AND if you ever need the name of a walking service/pet sitter I can pass mine along...they are really good. (at least my boys think so)

Your golden is going to love walking the battlefields. It's a really good area to have a golden.
:wave:

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
puppy time is he best. I'm in Manassas as well.
Where are you getting her?
You should hit the Pet Smart over by Costco, they have good toy sales at this time. AND target has some really cute smaller toys that are perfect for a pup and only a few bucks each...terry cloth and machine wash easy. AND if you ever need the name of a walking service/pet sitter I can pass mine along...they are really good. (at least my boys think so)

Your golden is going to love walking the battlefields. It's a really good area to have a golden.
:wave:
Hey Noey. I was just telling my husband the other day as we were driving on route 234 through the battlefields how I look forward to walking Mercy through them. I am getting my puppy from Eldorado Goldens. I will check out Petsmart by Costco today. I was planning on doing some grocery shopping today anyway. I normally do shop at the Super Target in west Manassas, (where there happens to be a Petsmart as well) for my groceries and I have already picked up a few items for her there. The last time I shopped there and noticed the Christmas dog toys, I was so wishing I had my pup already so I could give some to her. I was even considering getting some for her for next year's Christmas when they go on sale after Christmas. Now, I bet I can. Off to Target and Petsmart I go. Thanks for writing me Noey!:wave:

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Golden lovers. I did check out the local Petsmart and sure enough, they had Christmas gifts for dogs at 50% off. I got Mercy Christmas presents for next year. I also found some Fisher Price dog toys in the clearance section.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The waiting is the hardest part

Have any of you heard of that song from Tom Petty? I was singing that song yesterday and then it came on the radio today! God cares about how excited I am about my puppy! I also saw sun rays coming through the clouds as the song was playing. Our God is awesome! I am now nearing the midway mark between the time I placed a deposit on the litter and when I expect Mercy to be born. I bought her a tag with her name on it and 3 collars with the same design on it, small, medium and large so she will always have the same design collar as she grows up! I attached the tag to the small collar today too. Happy New Year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts