Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member to the forum and I am hoping you can help me out.

My wife and I have recently adopted a 7 month old golden. He had an ear infection pop up yesterday and we took him to the vet. During the time at the vet, we found a bump about 2 inches in diameter on his back. It was not there the day before, as I had given him a bath and did not feel a thing. The vet didn't know what the bump was and she only was able to draw fluid out of the bump. I am taking him back to the vet tomorrow for a biopsy.

This morning, his bump had gotten smaller, and another bump showed up about 3 inches down his back from the first. Know he has two bumps! What is this? The vet said it shouldn't be cancer because he is still so young.

Has anyone experienced this before? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
maybe cysts? really hard to tell. Lets hope your vet can have better answers. If they appeared so quickly I would even think stings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help. We gave him a bath the day before and also gave him his flea and heart worm medicine. Could that be causing the bumps? They dont hurt him when you touch the bumps.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Fluid usually indicates a cyst, but having two is a puzzle.
What type of flea medicine are you using?
IF it is a topical, are the bumps in the area you put the flea med?
I hope you find out and he gets bette soon!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Where did you adopt him from? Could it be where he was given his shots. If he was adopted from a shelter or rescue he may have had the shots recently. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Oh yeah - shots location is important too! They can cause a local flare up.
I'm glad you're going to have the vet check again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your advice. We took Dexter back to the vet yesterday and they think it is a flare up from a antiobiotic injection he got 3 weeks ago. Is it strange that the bump flared up after 3 weeks? Anyway, they have him on more antibiotics to help with the bumps. Thanks again!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I dont think it is that abnormal.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't any thing bad.
I hope it all gets better soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts