Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I discovered a raised pink growth in Sherman's mouth. It is pink, about the size of my pinky fingernail. It's on the side of his cheek. I can't imagine he's had it long, as he had the anal sacculectomy 12 days ago and I've been feeding him antibiotics and pain meds for that twice a day.

Any ideas as to what this could be? I'm freaking out a bit--and it will be Monday until we can get to the vet...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Does it look like maybe a pimple on the outside of cheek?

Oh maybe it is possibly just a result from the surgery, like from a tube that was in his mouth.

OT, how did the surgery go? I remember the thread when you were asking about it.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I wonder if it could be where the tube was down his throat for the surgery? If it doesnt go away in a couple of days, then I would take him to the vet to get it checked.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it is a papilloma--I saw a pic of Ziggy's from a while back (did a search after I posted) and that's exactly what it looks like. He's been to day care recently, he'll be 2 in April--it fits.

Surgery went GREAT! No more issues, no complications--expensive, but so glad we did it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts