Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted previously, it has been a really crappy week. So I took to comfort diversions. Hiking, cooking, and taking pics of my babies. They were not as thrilled, but I got a new external flash for my Nikon and was trying to see how to angle it. I swear if you point it right at them you can do a bone scan :).

And yes, I did have my living room painted green while I was on vacation. The walls were supposed to be ivory and the trim green, but they mixed the paint wrong and I was not here to object. It is kinda growing on me though. :) Little old ladydom, here I come!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great shots. They don't look like flash shots at all. Nice soft light. The Bumpasses are looking great too. Love the head shots of Abbie and Finn.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Love the shots!! Great job with the flash.. that's my next camera purchase but I rarely take pictures indoors so I keep finding excuses to put the purchase on the back burner. Which flash did you get?

I like the walls too :) My bedroom is painted a similar color and I don't think its old ladyish at all!!

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Very nice photo's. I sure looks like the Bumpass duo was not very thrilled with today's photo shoot! When I see pictures like this I keep telling myself I need to get a better camera:)

Oh and "Little old ladydom, here I come" LOL:lol:

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Marcy, those are all wonderful photos of your lovely pups. I'm sorry about your friend's husband. I've been through the same thing with friends and their relatives who've taken their own lives. You just can't ever recognize someone's pain who is determined to hide it. Hope the next weeks are better for you and your friend Di.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Marcy, great pictures. And as stated above, you can't tell you used a flash. Years ago I had a flash with a swivel head. I took an index card, folded it around the flash so about 1 1/2 - 2 inches hung over the flash. Held it there with a rubber band. I kept the flash tilted about 45 degrees or so. The light would bounce off the white card to the subject. Don't see you needing to do that, you did great!!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
They are both beautiful and your camera takes amazing pictures!

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Great job with the flash!!! You can also wrap Saran Wrap (layered up) around the flash to mute the bone-scan intensity, or, buy a bounce flash (one of those little umbrella looking things) to mute and direct the flash.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Those are gorgeous pictures of the bumpasses. Hard to call them that when they are sitting so nice for you even if they arent smiling.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
LOVELY~~
The light is soooo soft....very nice!
Another thing to add to the list ;-)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
gorgeous photos! I'm impressed!

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Love the pics of the bumpasses, as always. :0) Keep them coming!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts