Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some 6 inch ones and my 4.5 month old devoured it in less than 30 min. What can I get for an aggressive chewer. We have stuffing type Kongs and sterilized real bones (which she isn't interested in) nor is she interested in rubber teething bones or her nylabone. Is there something like a bully stick that is thicker and harder to chew but will keep her interest?

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
OK, going out on a limb here. I like getting the big knuckle bones. My dog spends a lot of time chewing these. Right now he has been chewing some kind of horn, can spend hours on it.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
OK, going out on a limb here. I like getting the big knuckle bones. My dog spends a lot of time chewing these. Right now he has been chewing some kind of horn, can spend hours on it.
I'm also a huge fan of the knuckles. I buy the red barn brand white knuckles. Denver loves chewing them, they keep his teeth nice and white and clean and they last SO much longer than bully sticks (which Denver also likes).

I buy these ones, and once Denver hollows out the one end, I freeze peanut butter, greek yogurt or pumpkin inside for a treat. Redbarn Naturals White Knuckle Bones Dog Treats, 5-in chew, 1 count - Chewy.com

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,853 Posts
Frozen raw marrow bones, the ones you get from a pet store, not a butcher. 1 a week will make it so you should never have to have your dogs teeth cleaned and they are softer then any cooked bones so they shouldn't cause any cracked teeth. Just give on the kitchen or outside.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Frozen raw marrow bones, the ones you get from a pet store, not a butcher. 1 a week will make it so you should never have to have your dogs teeth cleaned and they are softer then any cooked bones so they shouldn't cause any cracked teeth. Just give on the kitchen or outside.
I wish I could get these up here. We have one pet store and they don't carry them. :(
Jules

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,853 Posts
I wish I could get these up here. We have one pet store and they don't carry them. :(
Jules
You might be able to order them online, at least you used to be able to. They pack them in dry ice, so that should be fine if places still ship the raw stuff.

I'm surprised your pet store doesn't offer to special order them and just buy a case. They may not have a freezer but they should last if you pick them up the same day they arrive

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might be able to order them online, at least you used to be able to. They pack them in dry ice, so that should be fine if places still ship the raw stuff.

I'm surprised your pet store doesn't offer to special order them and just buy a case. They may not have a freezer but they should last if you pick them up the same day they arrive

Ok - so they actually come frozen - you don't buy a marrow bone and freeze it?

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
I just ordered some of these for the first time. I hope Maggie likes them.
Jules
oh mine love them! when it gets really small and can't be used as a chew anymore, wet it and pop it in the microwave for a short time, maybe 20 seconds. it puffs up and becomes a crunchy cheese biscuit, they love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts