Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am so so sorry for your loss of Buddy...what a gorgeous boy. Time is too short for these wondrous animals. I lost my Charlotte almost 4 weeks ago and am still crying very often but no longer every day. I can only assure you that the pain gets a bit better as time goes on...at least in a few weeks you may be able to think of him and immediately smile, not cry.
She was my everything so I can empathize. I do have a 5 year old who has turned into "wonder dog" but I see her grief as well. Remember that you had the incredible fortune to have had Buddy in your life. I know for me I would never give up the chance to have had that beautiful girl in my life...no matter how short a time...

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy, but it helps to remember the good times, and how loved he was during his short time on earth.

I still mourn my Marie, who died in March. It does get easier but you will never forget him.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I would also like to express my sorrow for your loss. I hope you are feeling a little better today. Many of us here know all too well, what you are going through right now. I love "Sharlin's" pic of your boy.....the setting sun is a tear drop from his eye.....how perfect!
"Hugs" to you.

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Buddy. What a handsome boy he was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks so much, everyone. I love the picture Sharlin, it's absolutely beautiful. He looks so majestic, it brings tears to my eyes.

Buddy was really my brother's dog, so his death hit him the hardest. But all of us loved him like one of the family.

Now that he's gone, I feel horrible that I didn't take him on all the walks I had planned. I hadn't because of some minor medical issues that were cropping up for him (Aspirin for achey joints upsetting his stomach, aggrivated eye needed eyedrops) But if I had known he would be leaving us so soon, I would have taken him on them anyway.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Thanks so much, everyone. I love the picture Sharlin, it's absolutely beautiful. He looks so majestic, it brings tears to my eyes.

Buddy was really my brother's dog, so his death hit him the hardest. But all of us loved him like one of the family.

Now that he's gone, I feel horrible that I didn't take him on all the walks I had planned. I hadn't because of some minor medical issues that were cropping up for him (Aspirin for achey joints upsetting his stomach, aggrivated eye needed eyedrops) But if I had known he would be leaving us so soon, I would have taken him on them anyway.
Hi again, you mentioned his eye drops and that reminded me of my Sam who passed a year and a half ago. He had severe dry eye and I was putting drops in his eyes multiple times a day When he had an emergency Vet stay, near the end, I made sure to leave his eye drops with the tech's....seems futile now, but then it was of the utmost importance....I hope your doing better today than yesterday and tomorrow will be better still. Your boy was beautiful....I had a red boy too...he was my best friend and is sorely missed, still today. Ike has had a tough shoe to fill and he's doing it beautifully.:) Take care and stay around the forum....it's quite the tonic when grieving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paige, I am mourning with you. My beautiful Jack died on Saturday morning after 15 years of giving us unbelievable love and joy. I miss him so much I can hardly stand it. My heart is completely broken and I, like you, begin bawling the minute I walk through the door and he's not there. I'm so sorry for your pain.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts