Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sad that I have to make this posts, but during the past few months I've come to realize that Buckley is not getting the attention he truly deserves for being such a great golden. I barely have enough time to spend with him, my life is hectic right now and the fact that I have this small apartment with no backyard for him to play in is terrible. I've watched him grow to be a great and handsome boy since he was 13 weeks old, I'm in tears writing this but I know its for the best.

I've come to the decision that I need to let him go, its better for him he needs a good family, a place where he gets the love he truly deserves. A place where he can roam free in a backyard.

I've come here to seek your help, I live in Los Angels, I've never had to give away a friend/companion before so I don't know where to start. Is there a foundation where they can take him and make sure he gets into a nice loving home?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I'm sorry you had to make this difficult decision. The GRCGLA Rescue would be a great option if you are looking to re-home him.

·
Premium Member
18,421 Posts
Please check this list for Golden Retriever rescue groups in your area, but also talk to any in your state or even in bordering states if you need to.

National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

http://www.grca-nrc.org/rescues/ca/california.html

If you have a reputable breeder, you should contact them and let them know you need to find him a new home. A reputable breeder will take their puppies back and find them good homes.

Are you sure you couldn't find some other options? Maybe a dog day care a few days a week, or a dog walker every day to give him more exercise. An extra 30 minutes in the morning of play and walking could make all the difference and you could keep him. If things in your life change in the near future you may really regret giving him up.

Also, members of this board have adopted dogs from other members before, there have even been cross country transports done to move dogs to a new home. There may be someone here who could give him a new home.

Whatever you decide I wish the best for both of you. If the breeder is not a good one, the rescue groups are the best resource for finding him a good home.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I have a couple people on my waiting list, could you please PM me his information and how I can contact you.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
If he came from a reputable breeder, please contact that person. Good breeders desperately want (and deserve to know) when dogs they've placed in homes are in need of a new home.

If he's not from a breeder willing to take him back, GRCGLA should be able to help you. The way the surrender application is worded just seems to say dogs have to be spayed/neutered and current on shots to be adopted out, not to be accepted. And even if that were the case, I'd recommend getting him neutered if that's what it would take for them to help you (but I don't think it is.)

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I have people very interested in him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts