Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love all dogs but i am worried about some pit bulls we don't have them in England unless there illegally brought in.
About 2 weeks ago a small child was killed by a pit bull in England the child had gone into the room where the pit bull was.
A child was killed in England by a Weimeraner recently. Your point?

Blaming a breed of dog for mankind's failures, is ludicrous.
Dogs are a direct result of people, and scapegoating pit bulls is like putting a band-aid over a gaping and ulcerated wound.

And other breeds don't attack?

http://btoellner.typepad.com/kcdogblog/

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Just a statistic I'd like to throw out here....

There were 23 dog bite fatalities in 2008. There are about 4.5 million registered pit bulls in the US and at least that many unregistered pit bulls and pit mixes.

9 million pit bulls/pit bull types and 23 dog bite fatalities -- the % of pit bulls involved in dog bite fatalities is 0000025% and actually the % is less than that because not all those 23 fatalities were from pit bulls. And while not all dog bites are reported, all dog bite fatalities are so this % is reliable.

Pit bulls have a very bad reputation right now, it's easy to be afraid of them. But most pits never make the news.

·
-Sam from California
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
lets just say if a dog is dog aggressive, it will generally stay aggressive. Dog, human, food or whatever the case may be. Some may change if its possible for them to be habilitated depending on the severity, others not so lucky. I agree its up to the owners & how they raise their dog which will either harbor aggressive behaviors or tame them. REGARDLESS OF THE BREED. PITBULL, LAB, CHIHUAHUA, ST. BERNARD. BIG, SMALL, CHUNKY, SKINNY. Lets not argue, debate over pitbulls. Dogs are dogs but the most importantly, MEMBERS OF OUR FAMILY. RIGHT?

Bruce is fine, interacting. He has a gf, named Miss Tuffit whos a doxin around the block & adopted sister Rosie our neighbors bulldog across the street. He is luckily healing wonderfully despite his bald patches. Thanks for the posts EVERYONE! =)

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
A child was killed in England by a Weimeraner recently. Your point?

Blaming a breed of dog for mankind's failures, is ludicrous.
Dogs are a direct result of people, and scapegoating pit bulls is like putting a band-aid over a gaping and ulcerated wound.

And other breeds don't attack?

http://btoellner.typepad.com/kcdogblog/

I wasn't meaning anything by it as I said I love all dogs all breeds but must admit pit bulls do frighten me but i know there are some lovely ones out there.
I only said about it as the thread was about an attack by a pit bull so if I offended I didn't mean to.

This dog that killed the boy was bred for fighting so its not the poor dog to blame its the owner's i felt very sorry for the dog as it was shot.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Bruce is fine, interacting. He has a gf, named Miss Tuffit whos a doxin around the block & adopted sister Rosie our neighbors bulldog across the street. He is luckily healing wonderfully despite his bald patches. Thanks for the posts EVERYONE! =)
I'm not the least bit surprized that Bruce has the attention of the females in the neighbourhood - look how handsome he is! Great to hear that he is mending nicely. One big kiss on the muzzle for you Bruce.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts