Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Gracie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently just got our 9 month girl spayed prior to going into heat and about 10 days after after the surgery, I noticed a brown discharge near her vulva. At first I thought it was just dirt from after going to the bathroom and playing in the yard, but after seeing it so frequently and cleaning it I’m sure that’s not the case. She doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable AT ALL, occasionally licks the area, doesn’t have accidents so I’m tempted to rule out a UTI, but what the heck could it be?? She’s never had any issues prior to this so this is all very new to us.

I’ve done some of my own research and I’m thinking it could be vaginitis or hypoplastic vulva (possibly the same thing?). Because of the aforementioned symptoms, I’m not really in a rush to take her to the vet as I’ve been trying to keep it at bay and cleaning the area at home, but I also don’t want it to get worse or cause further infections. I’d love to know your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I cant answer that and hope you can find the answer to your question but... I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and I still have some minor bleeding.

I guess I would call your vet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We recently just got our 9 month girl spayed prior to going into heat and about 10 days after after the surgery, I noticed a brown discharge near her vulva. At first I thought it was just dirt from after going to the bathroom and playing in the yard, but after seeing it so frequently and cleaning it I’m sure that’s not the case. She doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable AT ALL, occasionally licks the area, doesn’t have accidents so I’m tempted to rule out a UTI, but what the heck could it be?? She’s never had any issues prior to this so this is all very new to us.

I’ve done some of my own research and I’m thinking it could be vaginitis or hypoplastic vulva (possibly the same thing?). Because of the aforementioned symptoms, I’m not really in a rush to take her to the vet as I’ve been trying to keep it at bay and cleaning the area at home, but I also don’t want it to get worse or cause further infections. I’d love to know your thoughts!
[/QUOTE

Did this resolve with your golden retriever, and what did you end up doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts