Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Really?? Did you know it's not even filmed in Dallas, but in Collin County? It's cheesy and campy, but I doubt the remake can replicate the cheesiness! At least with the original series they came downtown to film scenes because I met Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray one day during my lunch hour when they were filming at Thanksgiving Square.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I was a Dallas fan too, Big Time! Pretty silly though, cause we are not like that at all unless you are one of the old Oil Field families, but there are a lot of them here for sure. Wonder if the show will be near as good? I usually stay away from remakes cause not as good as the original, but honestly you can do so much with this idea. I am going to watch and hopefully enjoy.

But we do find cowboy hats acceptable everywhere, boots too and many people here do have two names for first names..ie Sue Ellen, Bobby Joe, Billy Bob. My mother was a Billie Ruth and called both names her whole life! How Texan is that???? Haaa

·
gone
1,443 Posts
They must be running out of ideas to start making remakes. I liked DALLAS (original) but doubt very much if the remake will be of the same caliber. My mindset was totally different back then and also what they stood for was just all money, greed and power which nowadays is not a show I'm attracted to any longer.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Agree, Goldensrbest, not much good TV on now to my likes. I love the Sci-Fi channel, but since October it has been those bloody, gorey movies where people are killed and gutted every 5 minutes. uck. Not into that at all, but love a good Science Fiction show. We have been watching a lot more movies lately, especially all the Harry Potter ones, and comic book character ones. Good and a break from Pawn Stars (really starting to hate that show). American Pickers is getting to be almost as bad.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,701 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it, we watched the original series of Dallas when we were younger, we were really hooked on it for awhile.

To me, the remakes of shows aren't as good as the originals were such as Hawaii Five O, Charlie's Angels. They're good and have been brought up to date, just enjoyed the original versions, maybe it was because of the era when they aired. Our tastes have changed alot through the years.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, i was looking forward, to seeing it, yeah things have changed, sorry to say, in respects, kind of wish i had not mentioned it.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,701 Posts
Well, i was looking forward, to seeing it, yeah things have changed, sorry to say, in respects, kind of wish i had not mentioned it.
Nothing wrong with that, if you're looking forward to it, I hope you enjoy it.

Seems like we've always been disappointed, maybe it's because we compared it to the original series which is probably not good to do.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, if you're looking forward to it, I hope you enjoy it.

Seems like we've always been disappointed, maybe it's because we compared it to the original series which is probably not good to do.
Everyone deserves a guilty pleasure or two! I just cannot believe how many people assumed we Dallasites live like the Ewings, with horses, rolling front lawns, all the money in the world, etc. I went to London in 2001, asked directions from someone in Hyde Park and ended up spending 15 minutes explaining that no, I don't wear Cowboy hats or boots, I do not own a horse or have an oil well in the back yard (thought I did have a working royalty interest in one once), know JR or Bobby and a bunch of other stereotypes! The only really good thing about the show was it gave Dallas a new reputation and took away the stain of the Kennedy assassination that plagued the city for decades. I just wish they would film within the city limits because frankly, we need the money and economic benefits those shows generate while they are in production on location!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Was the special sneak preview or whatever last night?
Dern _ I'da wanted to watch that. It is tooooo entertianing not to IMO.
it might not be as much fun as the original, but I'll have to watch at least once to see Sue Ellen, JR and Bobby Ewing again.

Besides, I had a crush on Patrick Duffy back then! I don't know any of the new people though.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
it might not be as much fun as the original, but I'll have to watch at least once to see Sue Ellen, JR and Bobby Ewing again.

Besides, I had a crush on Patrick Duffy back then! I don't know any of the new people though.
Patrick Duffy was a hottie back then! Larry Hagman has been back to town a lot. He looks a lot different now. Linda Gray just looks great as always.

Dallas - TNT - New Series Coming This Summer It looks like it's in production and will be aired in the summer. The website has the original actors discussing "this compelling new series"... Compelling?????:no::no:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

noNot that i know,there was a ad on cnn,online this morning, love the theme music!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Anne, thought this thread had to do with banning you from the forum ;) Glad you're back :p::bowl:

I remember the "who shot JR" being a big thing back in the day, and I never even watched the show.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I live less than 2 miles from Southfork, much less as the crow flies. :p
We moved here just before the series ended.
It's become a tourist center, with the original house intact (they only filmed exterior scenes there anyway). The huge building to the north is a convention/activity center - my kids had their elementary school graduation parties there (a parent ran the center).
Visitors always want to see it and I think it is a huge disappointment as the open space doesn't exist any more.
We have a can of JR beer - my son's initials.

I never watched it to begin with, but I've heard nice things about the actors and crew when they were here.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Anne, thought this thread had to do with banning you from the forum ;) Glad you're back :p::bowl:

I remember the "who shot JR" being a big thing back in the day, and I never even watched the show.
:confused::confused::uhoh::--ashamed::--sad::bawling::bawling:

hahaha! What did I do? Too many pizza photos in the debate thread? I admit, I didn't check the forum rules to see if there was a rule against making people hungry. I'm sorry....:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts