Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,695 Posts
I have no idea, but think it would be a good idea if animals and plants were left in native contries. Had african bees been left in africa, and not brought to south america where they escaped and are now here in the states--we would not be having these attacks of killer bees. Every year people here in texas are inurd, some die, and so do several dogs, etc.

If fire ants had not been brought into the states to "take care of boll weevils" we would not have the fire ant problem we have here , at least in the south. They have done serious damageto population of ground nesting birds like quail.

Ad there is that vine runnin rampant in parts of the south, can't recall it's exact name, but something like kudzo. I forget the purpose of it being introduced here. It seems any time something is brought into one country from another to "improve" or "contol" or "help" it ends up causing more problems.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Where did you see or hear this? I haven't heard anything and I am paying close attention because I am moving my dogs from the US to the UK this summer and it is a lengthy process. I was happy that it would be much easier when we return to the US in a couple of years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts