Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My wife and I are looking to add our first golden retriever to the family and know that finding the right golden requires patience. We live in Houston and are hoping there are some fellow Texans here who can refer us to a good breeder or may even know of breeding plans or upcoming litters.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Aw man!! Were you able to go to the Houston Dog shows this weekend at the reliant? Tomorrow Goldens show at 10 am in ring 17 I think. (90 Goldens entered). You can grab a catalog and try to catch up with some breeders.

Reactions: LJack

·
Kristy
10,245 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here's a link to your local Golden club. I would cross check the breeders on the list with the officers/directors of the club and start contacting a couple of those folks. You will not believe how small the dog community is and these people all know each other. They will be able to point you in the right direction and it makes it easier to find a reputable breeder who does all the health clearances and is also competing in some venue with their dogs. This is how I found my very first Golden and it was the best experience ever. Feel free to come back to this site and post with questions or ask for comments about individual breeders or dogs and people can help you with their experience.
Have fun!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts