Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

So I am trying to go thru the proper channels and ask all the correct questions to avoid getting a dog bred purely to make money. I found a breeder fairly close by and called to inquire. Question is, they are UKC registered dogs, is that a red flag or can one look up their clearances easily like the AKC registered dogs. I spoke with the breeder, asked the specific questions posted in one of the threads and she seems very knowledgable.

SO not sure if it's even allowed on the boards, but if anyone knows of any breeders to avoid in MA can you post those names? Again, not sure if that is allowed but thought I would ask.

THanks in advance!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I guess Im a bit suspicious why they would *not* have their dogs registered through AKC or CKC .... have they been banned or suspended from either?? Did you ask them specifically why their dogs are not registered through AKC or CKC?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I didn't ask but I think I am going to take the advice I heard earlier. If u have an uneasy feeling or think something is off trust your gut. Just found a breeder whom made me feel very comfortable and was referred to from this site. Now I just hope there are enough puppies born!! So excited!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts