Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of these 2 breeders. Sandspurs Goldens is in Florida and Idlewild breeds both Goldens and Labs and is located in Tennessee. Does anyone have any dogs from either of these breeders.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I haven't heard of them, but looked at their websites.

Sandspur looks like a nice kennel. Clearances only on hips and elbows of the dam from the last litter. You'd have to ask and see the heart and eye clearances, too, to be sure that they have them.

Not sure about Idewild. I didn't have enough time to dig through their site!

Wait to hear what others think!

·
the party's crashing us
4,473 Posts
Sandspur = yes

Idlewild I've never heard of

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
I have heard of Sandspur. I've never heard of Idlewild, and I didn't see Goldens on their website.

Be sure to check out the Puppy Buyers Fact Checker at the top of the page, for some excellent information on what to look at, and how to verify clearances.

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
Sandspur looks like they have nice dogs. Follow the puppy buyer checklist to make sure you have all the clearances. Idlewild doesn't seem to have goldens. It looks to be a labrador retriever breeder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a Sandspur Golden that I just lost at age 10. He was absolutely wonderful. He was smart, tender, loved kids, and the best pal anyone could ask for. He died having the best day--chasing the ball, long walk and cleaning the dinner plates. He was healthy until the moment he died. We don't know of what, but when it's my time, I want to go that way too. In fact, the week before his death, he took 2nd place in the best dog trick contest.

I am getting another golden from Anna in 7 weeks. Different line, but she breeds for temperament and looks.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I met Anna a few weeks ago at a dog show. She seemed very nice and her dogs were beautiful.

·
Kate
22,988 Posts
I'd probably stay away from Idlewild because of the "snow white" and "superlative white" stuff with their labs.

As far as I know the lab breed standard doesn't include "white".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for your replies to my earlier thread. Ouimet I am so sorry about the loss of your Golden boy. I actually did get a golden puppy from Anna (Sandspurs goldens). My Molly is now 5 months old. She is beautiful and has a lovely temperment. I am really happy with her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sandspur goldens

I am so glad Molly has a wonderful home and that you are as pleased with your Sandspur Golden as I was and continue to be. Post a photo as I'd loved to see her.

Judy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have attached a picture of my Molly, she is now 6 months old. I hope I have uploaded the picture properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
She is adorable!!!!! Great picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts