Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been researching many breeders in NY and CT and getting dizzy. Have contacted GRC and have not had luck with timing.

I have 3 children, girls 9-15.

Ideal dog would be a larger female, dark ( love the reds) with medium to slightly higher energy for an active family. Would like a dog that would love to play hard but could be trained to settle down afterwards. Understand that I don't want to fit a square peg in round hole, and know that trade offs for a good fit are more important.

Would be willing to travel several hours for the right fit.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Reactions: Pebble Beach

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help!

I have been in touch with Sunfire, seems like a knowledgeable owner, Barb.

She has been very busy and tough to connect with. I hope to speak with her in the next day or so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunfire is in CT.

Website is Sunfire Golden Retrievers - Home and News

The Luke and Daly litter was just born a few days ago, and she has a few more litters coming up in the next couple of months.
I spoke to Barb today, seems very nice, slow paced.

We are trying to meet this weekend. I see you have a Sunfire dog and have seen the videos of Flip, he's beautiful.

Current litter only has males, we were looking for female, but Barb asked a bunch on questions about what people and what other dogs it might interact with, and other than me, they are all female. She thought a male might be appropriate.

You must have had a good experience otherwise would not have sent the recommendation. She doesn't have contracts, or really even take deposits, she is asking less than most for her pups.

This will be our first family dog, have been waiting a very long time, and want to get it right.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Chuck

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
When I got my first puppy I was certain I was a girl dog person. I found out I actually love the males. I still have my first female, but will probably never have another one again. The rest of the household is full of boys.

Barb has been in goldens longer than I have been alive. She knows her stuff and I trust her judgement. I love my Sunfire dog. There are a couple of other forum members with Sunfire dogs also. Sunrise co-owns Towhee with Barb, who was just bred for her first litter.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Always be sure to double-check all the clearances. Eyes should be done every year; heart, elbows and hips after 2 years of age. You can start by checking offa.org.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts