Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are very interested in finding a puppy to bring into our home sometime this spring. Unfortunately the original breeder that we were working with will now not be having puppies until the summer.

We have looked into Millstone Goldens in Michigan and since we are in Chicago will not be able to make a visit out there before we would actually go pick up our puppy. Has anyone worked with them in the past? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Also, if anyone knows of any reputable breeders that would have puppies available to go home this spring (april, early may) would love to hear those thoughts as well.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Cheerio golden retrievers should have puppies ready to go to homes in mid May. They are located outside Milwaukee, not a bad drive from Chicago.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Diane Henning just outside Green Bay should have puppies ready to go this spring. I think they are 2 or 3 weeks old at this point. She had 14, so she may very well still have pups available.

Her email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We got Maddie from Diane & couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Tahnee GR

·
flykelley
675 Posts
I have heard good things about Millstone. Asoros Goldens in Northern Mi are great. Got Abby from them in Oct and the trainer at her doggie day care keeps telling me she is a rock star. Working off leash at six months old.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
DICHI GOLDENS IN MADISON WISCONSIN.. My Henry is a Dichi (see my previous thread under puppies). Henry is the son of Harley x Pudge. Harley is 11 time Grand Champion and three time Canadian champion. Dichi was at the IKC dog show at McCormick place lat weekend...their dogs won FIRST PLACE almost every time in the ring. Beautifully bred Goldens...EVERY TIME!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I would highly recommend Argo Goldens in Mokena, Illinois. Sandy is a very highly respected breeder She doesn't have a breeding until the summer but I would suggest calling her for recommendations. Kanosak Goldens I think is also have a breeding for this Spring - not sure if it has taken place yet.

If you are looking for a performance/field puppy then I would highly recommend Topmast, Glenbriar and Wynwood in Michiagan.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Topbrass and Hightimes are in IL. Both have exceptional dogs.

·
Banned
12 Posts
We are also looking for a breeder. Anyone know anything about Woodland Retrievers in Ca? Saw some of her offspring at a show this weekend and they were beautiful and sweet

·
flykelley
675 Posts
We are also looking for a breeder. Anyone know anything about Woodland Retrievers in Ca? Saw some of her offspring at a show this weekend and they were beautiful and sweet
Don't know anything about this breeder and there are a lot of good breeders in Michigan but I would have to say to start with Asoro's Goldens. My Abby is six months old working off leash, trainer tells me she is a Rock Star. She will be trying to get her therapy dog cert in Aug when she will be a year old, trainer who also does Therapy work with his dog say's Abby will have no problems passing the test. She is my fifth Golden, first from Asoro's and she is special. I keep up on facebook with two of her siblings and they are doing great.

Mike

·
Hesantone
32 Posts
Picking up our puppy next week in Michigan

I was very diligent when looking for a breeder and we found one we are really pleased with. There are 5 boys and 3 girls but not sure what he has left. He is in between Lansing and Flint. Let me know if you want more info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts