Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pass my birthday in England, and i think i'am going to stay 2 weeks, My family wants to buy a great golden puppy to be friend with Sunny
But i don't know any breeder in this area, I'm from Brazil and I really need help.. We want to buy in England because te price is good and the quality of puppy is better than Brazilian goldens.
Please help me...

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
It may be difficult for you to A) find someone who will have a litter ready to go within that 2 week window, and
B) be willing to sell a pup to someone they have not met yet.

Since you are planning to be there, I would suggest doing some investigating into the lines you like, and making some contacts to visit those kennels while you are on your vacation. Then with the in-person meeting done someone may be willing to sell you a pup from a planned litter, which you could then have sent to you using one of the companies that specializes in the air transport of pets, or make a return trip to pick the pup up. This is what a number of my friends who have imported dogs from England have done.

·
goldenfan
710 Posts
If you let me know when you will be in the UK I can let you know if there are any shows on and you could meet some UK breeders. To export puppies is a long and sometimes difficult process and many breeders do not export unless they know the people buying the puppy and have known them for some time (and that includes me). It is a long plane ride to Brazil and I think you may find it cheaper in the long run to buy nearer to home perhaps with some UK lines in the pedigree. I know sending a puppy to South Africa to some very close friends the transport and vet fees cost far more than the puppy. Hope this helps Annef

1 - 4 of 4 Posts