Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Hope all is well with everyone. I currently live in North Jersey, and am looking to get my first ever puppy, a golden retriever. It will be a family companion/ pet. I am okay with driving to other states: CT, NY, Eastern PA, DE, and MD.
Through a variety of posts here, my own research, and GRCA referrals, I have been able to narrow down a list of breeders I’d like to reach out to. Most of the breeders listed below, if not all, won’t have puppies available before 2021, which is completely fine.

I would appreciate input from the experts and members on this forum on their thoughts / experiences with the breeders and their insight on if the clearances are sufficient. Please let me know if there’s additional breeders I should consider or any I should steer clear of.
  1. GoldenSoul Dogs in Harleysville, PA (Nancy Lewine and Jenny Cochran); Website: https://goldensouldogs.com
  2. GingerRun Goldens in Eastford, CT (Amy Burnim); Website: Home
  3. Goldenway Goldens in Marlboro, NJ (Leslie Lesser); Website: http://www.goldenwaygoldens.com
  4. Rivers Edge Goldens in South Jersey (Debbie Mullin); Website: Rivers Edge Goldens
  5. Camelot Golden Retrievers in NJ (Patricia Herschman); No Website
  6. The Golden Gals in Southbury, CT (Ashley Kubik, Steve Kubik, and Alex Cottrell); Website: The Golden Gals
  7. Lycinan Goldens in Harford County, MD (Cindy Williamson); Website: Lycinan Goldens- Quality AKC Golden Retrievers- Harford County, Maryland
Thank you in advance for helping me find a new member of my family!

·
Premium Member
16,423 Posts
There are two I see there who are big nos for me, but I think Lycian Goldens has a good reputation ( others can comment who live closer to MD). Rivers Edge seems to have dogs from the Brensons/ Ripley Goldens. You can look search back in the forum for Ripley.

Reactions: thegoldensky

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two I see there who are big nos for me, but I think Lycian Goldens has a good reputation ( others can comment who live closer to MD). Rivers Edge seems to have dogs from the Brensons/ Ripley Goldens. You can look search back in the forum for Ripley.
Thank you for the response. Could you please tell me which ones are "big nos" for you?

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
Golden Soul- no indicators on who's being bred to whom. None of the past litters state sire X dam. They appear to compete, but really without registered names, it's a waste of time to go try to figure out who their dogs are.
Known names- Goldenway, Gingerrun, Lycinan,Riversedge and Camelot. But you should still check those sireX dam names for full clearances.
And not me on GoldenGals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, we are also from NJ, Old Bridge to be precise. If you're up for another recommendation or two, I'd look at adding Liberty Belle Goldens (Joanne Street) or Kalm Sea Goldens(Susan Robins) to your list. They were both easy to communicate with and willing to answer any and all of our questions. OFA clearances and pedigrees were provided without hesitation from both of them as it should be, however we ran into our fair share of sketchy breeders during our search so it was a breath of fresh air with how forthcoming they were. Due to a timing/scheduling issue on our part we ended up going with Liberty Belle for our girl. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, we are also from NJ, Old Bridge to be precise. If you're up for another recommendation or two, I'd look at adding Liberty Belle Goldens (Joanne Street) or Kalm Sea Goldens(Susan Robins) to your list. They were both easy to communicate with and willing to answer any and all of our questions. OFA clearances and pedigrees were provided without hesitation from both of them as it should be, however we ran into our fair share of sketchy breeders during our search so it was a breath of fresh air with how forthcoming they were. Due to a timing/scheduling issue on our part we ended up going with Liberty Belle for our girl. Good luck with your search.
Loving your display name! Thank you for the recommendations!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Golden Soul- no indicators on who's being bred to whom. None of the past litters state sire X dam. They appear to compete, but really without registered names, it's a waste of time to go try to figure out who their dogs are.
Known names- Goldenway, Gingerrun, Lycinan,Riversedge and Camelot. But you should still check those sireX dam names for full clearances.
Thank you, I'll remove Golden Soul and Golden Gals from my list.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I train off and on with a Lycinan dog. Nice dog. Much Lighter than I prefer but from what I understand...her litters are not as light as this particular dog. I actually have known the dog since puppy class.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
GoldenSoul is active and competes in a variety of venues. I’ve met several dogs from their breedings. They complete the core clearances.

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
Good to know- when there are no reg names and no real info on a site, I tend to give up unless I recognize the name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoldenSoul is active and competes in a variety of venues. I’ve met several dogs from their breedings. They complete the core clearances.
Thank you. I'll add them back on my list, and do some research and check for OFA clearances, if I am to move forward with them. Appreciate you making the clarification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts