Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've lurked on these forums for a while reading up on goldens and I've finally decided to get one of my own. I'm looking for a companion puppy (I'm neither a shower, competitor, or breeder) to join my family. I currently have one dog that I have raised since puppyhood and is now 3 years old.

I'd like to get a puppy sometime between now and next summer. I live in New Hampshire, so I would prefer a breeder somewhere in the New England area. I've seen tons of posts with people asking if others on this forum have heard of a breeder they found. I figured I'd do it the other way. Since people here seem to know a lot about the breed and are pretty careful about making sure their breeders are responsible and have all their documents, I was wondering if anyone had a referral for me. I'd like this breeder to be as close to the New Hampshire/Vermont area as possible, though the New York/Boston area is fine too. Obviously the breeder needs to be very responsible and breed healthy dogs. Like I said, I don't need a working dog or show dog, I just need good companion.

If anyone knows any good breeders, please let me know. Especially if you know of a great breeder who is planning on having a litter sometime soon, I would really like to know about it to so I could get in touch with them.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,457 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick responses. The Sunkissed Goldens website is down right now, which is too bad since that breeder comes so strongly recommended. I believe the breeder is a member of this forum, so I hope the website is back up and running sometime soon.

Any other recommendations? Also, I'm very, very open to taking an older dog, especially since I know so many great dogs are in need of forever homes. Are there any particularly good rescue organizations in the Northeast that I should check out?

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,457 Posts
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue posts great stories here. I try to donate to them whenever I can.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Actually try the sunkissed website now...it seems to be working.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,457 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,457 Posts
I met a Thornelea Kool Hand Luke puppy Saturday- Mia. She is gorgeous, no doubt about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.