Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am searching for a responsible and reputable breeder located in Northern California, preferably near the Sacramento area. If anyone can provide me any information or websites to check out, I would appreciate it. So far, I am considering looking into a breeder called SF Golden Retrievers but I don't know if they are reputable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Aesthetic & OscarsDad, I'll look into the list of reputable breeders you both sent me. Aesthetic, I saw your response about SF Golden Retrievers breeder website, and I agree it is missing information about the dam/sire and their health clearances... but I was surprised to see around 30 positive reviews on google, along with their positive "previous customers" page on the website. I'll prioritize other responsible and honest breeders. If I were to ever get a pup from SF Golden Retrievers, I would make sure they had accurate info before committing.

·
Super Moderator
895 Posts
Hello,

I am searching for a responsible and reputable breeder located in Northern California, preferably near the Sacramento area. If anyone can provide me any information or websites to check out, I would appreciate it. So far, I am considering looking into a breeder called SF Golden Retrievers but I don't know if they are reputable.

Thanks!

sending you a PM.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
but I was surprised to see around 30 positive reviews on google, along with their positive "previous customers" page on the website
No breeder is going to publicize bad reviews of their program. It's just not good marketing. FWIW, the reviews talk about the breeders and how they're nice, pleasant, and care about their puppies - which is all fine and probably true, but not what I was talking about in my comment. Someone could have the most amazing people skills and genuinely care about their dogs, but still not follow the Code of Ethics. Good reviews do not equal good breeding practices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts