Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
I live in the suburbs of New York City and am looking for a reputable golden breeder within a maximum 4-5 hour drive. I would be ready to take in the dog at the end of June/ beginning of July, so it would be best if the litter is born in April/May (looking to take in the dog at 8-12 weeks). If anyone can help by referring me to a breeder, that would be great! :) Looking forward to being a proud golden owner!
Thank you!
Tom

· Registered
3,764 Posts
I don't know one off the top of my head, I live in AZ. Contact your local Golden Retriever club and find a show or two to go to.

You actually need to get on a list immediately. Based on your time tables you need a breeding happening soon. Most reputable breeders have lists before they even breed. To give you an idea I just bred a girl less than 2 weeks ago and already have 28 interested families on my list. I am fielding more than a dozen emails a week and they seem to be increasing.

Get active in your search and email like you are interviewing for a job. Tell about yourself, what you want your puppy to be like and what the puppy's average day would be like. Stand out, don't just be another "Do you have puppies available and how much are they?" email.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.