Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Looking for 1st Golden
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently met a Golden on the street with her people and she was so incredibly lovely, personality wise. I had a brief chat with the people and they said they had had a few Goldens and got them all from a breeder in West Virginia called McIntyre. Later, I looked for them online and couldn't find anything. I would like to try and find out more about this breeder. Does anyone know of anyone named McIntyre in West Virginia breeding Goldens? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Try contacting the local golden retriever club, ask for a puppy referral and inquire if this person is a member. Remember that breeding dogs (both parents and several generations back), should have hips, elbows cleared for dysplasia thru www.offa.org. Heart clearances can also appear on OFA and need to be done after 12 months and eyes should be cleared annually.

Home

·
Looking for 1st Golden
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I did contact the GRC covering that area and they didn't have anyone on their list. And because of this forum I am well educated about the necessary clearances. Thanks again for the response :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts