Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am "new to this" :eek:

We are looking for a Golden Retriever puppy. My colleague at work has a golden from Kyon kennels. She has a beautiful and friendly dog. I have looked at their website, which appears a bit outdated.

Does anyone here have feedback about this breeder before we start making inquiries?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
There's actually quite a few Ontario breeders on here.

Arcane is from Napanee I believe?

Stormynights Goldens I think is another reputable one.

Ambertru is in Pembroke.

Sterre Goldens is a member here too, who has a lot of great hunting dogs.

Ontario is a HUGE province lol. So I'm not sure what would be close to you.

·
Mavsmumontario
15 Posts
Hi everyone. I am "new to this" :eek:

We are looking for a Golden Retriever puppy. My colleague at work has a golden from Kyon kennels. She has a beautiful and friendly dog. I have looked at their website, which appears a bit outdated.

Does anyone here have feedback about this breeder before we start making inquiries?

Thanks!
Hi there,
Here is a link to Hyjak Goldens in New Lowell, Ontario.
Golden Retriever Puppies for sale - Barrie Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Barrie Canada.

·
Banned
616 Posts
As you have probably read already; always check for current eye clearances (within the last 12 months) usually will show up on the OFA website as "CERF", Hips and Elbows should be done after 24 months by the OVC or OFA, Heart should be complete by a "Cardiologist" and often will be certified through the OFA. All of these clearances often appear at
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (for OFA) and
Hip and Elbow Dysplasia Evaluation: Search Database | Ontario Veterinary College | University of Guelph for the OVC,
and the eyes (CERF) can be found here: CERF Registry/Breeder Options Lookup

Asking for the registered names of potential parents of your puppy is an easy way to verify this information. This is something you should always ask of a breeder no matter who recommends them. A good breeder will be impressed and happy to show you these clearances. If you receive a sketchy, defensive response, I would walk away.

I have "heard" of Kyon before, but have no advice to them particularly as I haven't worked with them personally.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
My boy Joey is from Ambertru and also forum member 'Gwen' has three ambertru boys :) I highly recommend Connie at ambertru if you are in the Ottawa/eastern ontario Area. Arcane is closer to Toronto and she is also amazing! her boy Blue is gorgeous. All the breeders Ninde'gold suggested are amazing! I love sterre's dogs, and In the pink is another breeder. Depends what area you are in :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts