Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Breeder in OK, KS, Dallas, MI, or AR??

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Laurelin Goldens 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll
We have been looking and trying to contact breeders for over a month in Oklahoma and haven't had any luck. The breeders who appear to do the proper clearances haven't answered our calls or emails and the breeders that do answer don't do health clearances.

We are looking for a well bred family dog with the proper health clearances and the temperament to be around children and possibly a therapy dog. Very sporty family but we don't hunt so we aren't looking for a field dog.

If anyone has any recommendations we would be extremely appreciative.
We're located in OKC but willing to travel! southern kansas, north texas, arkansas, missouri
We are ready to take a dog home today but don't mind waiting a bit either.

We could really really use some help...please... Thank you!!

#2 ·
Sometimes the best way to connect and get noticed by good breeders is to go to a show. There is one coming up from June 28-July 1st near you. If you go take some cash in case there is a parking fee and you might want to purchase a catalog.

Attachments

#4 ·
I second Teresa McKenna and will add that my breeder is in Russellville, Arkansas and she will be at the Texarkana shows on June 16 and 17 (next weekend). Her is Marissa Hendrix and her kennel name is Arkgold, so if you do go to the show, you can look up her dogs in the catalog and figure out who she is. She does all clearances and genetic testing and is active in multiple venues and I just love her to death.
@laurenC I LOVE the ElkCreek instagram page with all of the photos of Emma and Twitter! You are doing a fabulous job with them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.