Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a reputable breeder in NC. I've checked the Golden Retriever Club of America and Tarheel Golden retriever Club. I'm in contact with a few of the breeders with upcoming litters, but one breeder that I like doesn't seem to be included on the Tarheel Golden Retriever Club list so I wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with them - D&D Goldens (Darlene Smith). The places I have contacted are Wingstar, Acadia and Twin Leaf.

Thank you for any input you can offer!

Charles

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,676 Posts
Would you be willing to travel to SC?

I'm over on the NC Coast, my neighbors got Breeder referrals from the Tarheel GRC. One of the breeders recommend a breeder in SC-Sunkyst Goldens. They ended up going with her and have a really nice looking boy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have an Acadia Golden. Patti was a pleasure to work with, and is always very helpful if I have a question. The entire experience was great. I know I'm biased, but my dog is incredible:) She's so sweet, loving, smart, and soooo gentle. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions

Reactions: chaslor

·
Registered
24 Posts
I, too am looking for a puppy or two in the Raleigh area. Quite a few of the Tarheel GRC recommended breeders have current litters, or will have litters in the next few months. Haven't heard of D&D? For what it's worth, I was told that it is relatively easy to get on the Tarheel GRC breeder list and it shouldn't be the end all, so do your due diligence (easier said than done, especially if you are new to this). But with that said, I'm still trying to stick with the list... at least everyone knows each other and there is some history there. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charles- I was very impressed when I contacted Brad from Wingstar back in January about a potential puppy for next Fall. His dogs are incredibly healthy and well cared for. He definitely breeds show-quality puppies, that would be great family pets. They are raised in his home and go to a local vet. Do you know if Brad has a litter available this Spring? I am reconsidering adopting sooner than originally expected.

Also, from a quick look at D&D's website, it seems like they brag about "European" and "English" style Goldens. For me, this is just a more refined to say "British creme." However, their health clearances are listed, but nonetheless I would be cautious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've decided to go with Patti at Acadia - we're so excited!!

dbford - Brad will have a litter due in late June I believe. You'll need to confirm that with him.

Thank you everyone for your input - I'll post a picture of our li'l munchkin when we bring her/him home :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do YOU KNOW THIS BREEDER...FAMILY BIZ NEAR BRAGG

Is anyone familiar with a breeder in the vicinity of Ft. Bragg named "Copperfield Kennels" I think. It was a family operation back around 2005 with dogs named "General Lee" "jax" a reddish gal named "Brandi." Does anyone know any information about this kennel/breeder? Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
https://www.copperfieldsgoldens.com

That's seriously the worst website I have ever tried to navigate!
It looks like they get clearances, cardiac is inadequate- should be from a cardiologist (and that is very accessible so it is just not making the effort if someone does practitioner clearances). I could only find the dogs through the google hyperlinks and the home page didn't appear to have any links to anything on it- so I could not guess who was being bred. Maybe someone else can figure out where to see that info. ITd' be important to know who the breeding pair are before making any calls on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts