Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are hoping to expand our family soon and we are having a tough time finding a breeder. I have found a few throughout Florida ( we are in Tampa but willing to travel) but, I can't get anyone to respond to my emails or phone messages. Does anyone have any advice? We heard back from Lakewood Goldens and she said she has two reservations open but it has been a week since I responded and I haven't heard anything else.... now, I am wondering if I should look elsewhere. Any advice is appreciated!! :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a girl from Lakewood and she is the best! I can't recommend Paula enough!
Also, Paula can tend to get pretty busy, so she may not respond to emails as quickly.

·
Dad to Bogey and Reese
1,119 Posts
Are their any breed specific clubs in your area? Also consider Shows (Confirmation Obedience), Agility, Fielding, Dock diving, etc depending upon your interests.. I had many unanswered emails, the moment I made a positive personal connections with some other owners I began receiving texts and emails about planned litters. Going out of the way and asking the right questions and I soon had owners contacting me and vouching for me to the breeders regarding planned litters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear that!! Do you have a phone number for her? I have sent her two emails and am hoping she received them. Does she usually take a week to get back with you?
I want to send her a deposit to reserve one of the puppies.

·
the party's crashing us
4,367 Posts
Google Deauxquest Goldens, she has a litter on the ground (near Orlando) with pups still available.

Reactions: Amylu333
1 - 5 of 5 Posts