Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any information on ***(name edited out) in Alhambra, CA? I'm trying to research, coming up with nothing besides their website, and it ticks off a lot of the boxes on the "scam" thread. A very well-meaning friend who knows we are waiting for a pup sent the link to me, so I want to at least say I've checked it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't know about this one.... honestly any breeder that has puppies available right now is a little suspicious (as demand is through the roof for high quality, healthy goldens and responsible breeders have no available litters until 2022). I am sorry to tell you this, but I suggest you get in touch with a responsible breeder to get on the wait list for a puppy. There are many people here, who will be able to help you in your search and I wish you luck with your puppy! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about this one.... honestly any breeder that has puppies available right now is a little suspicious (as demand is through the roof for high quality, healthy goldens and responsible breeders have no available litters until 2022). I am sorry to tell you this, but I suggest you get in touch with a responsible breeder to get on the wait list for a puppy. There are many people here, who will be able to help you in your search and I wish you luck with your puppy! :)
We are on a list with a wonderful gal we've gone to before. I just wanted to do my "due diligence" on a lead a very dear friend gave me and I didn't want to dismiss it out of hand. But I thought the same thing, puppies available, a ridiculously low price, no info on the sire or dam...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
What about that site makes you think it is real? This looks like a scam site built with stolen pictures. Look at the puppies, they all look pretty different and are clearly in different homes. I don’t know about you but I don’t have 17 floor finishes in my house.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What about that site makes you think it is real? This looks like a scam site built with stolen pictures. Look at the puppies, they all look pretty different and are clearly in different homes. I don’t know about you but I don’t have 17 floor finishes in my house.
🥸 Good sleuthing, rumbled by the decor.
17 floor finishes 🤣

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't. It's why I was trying to find if anyone knew anything about it. It looks suspicious to me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We are on a list with a wonderful gal we've gone to before. I just wanted to do my "due diligence" on a lead a very dear friend gave me and I didn't want to dismiss it out of hand. But I thought the same thing, puppies available, a ridiculously low price, no info on the sire or dam...
Oh okay! Well that is great! :). Yeah I agree, also the descriptions for the puppies are all the same. The puppies are 10 weeks old. They are shipping puppies. 800 dollars?

·
Registered
43 Posts
A very well-meaning friend who knows we are waiting for a pup sent the link to me, so I want to at least say I've checked it out. Thanks!
I can’t tell you how many websites I looked through that were given to me by friends who truly cared about my search for a puppy, but just weren’t in the know with what makes a reputable breeder. In the end, not a single one was one I would consider reputable. I usually say “it doesn’t look like they have availability” or “they don’t do all the health tests I would like them to do so I don’t mind waiting” and then move on.

That being said, this is definitely a scam, not some BYB with moderately well intentions. As others have mentioned, the different looking dogs, the various interior flooring, the availability now, and the low price are all red flags. One other thing that I noticed was the grammar on the various pages. For example, their About Us section sounds like it was written by someone completely different than whoever wrote (read: whoever they copied/pasted from) their Home page. It also looks like they just put the words “Golden Retrievers” into some standard template where they can copy/paste any dog breed for whatever breed scam they’re running next. Run far away from this site, and let your friends know it’s not legitimate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree with other posters, this looks 100% like a scam, all the single puppies who don’t look like littermates, against various backgrounds, and the super low price of $800. As far as I can tell, there are various factors that indicate a website is a scam but they’re also aspects you would see on a broker website where they really are selling puppies, but the puppies are from puppy mills. Buy now buttons, no info on the parent dogs, puppies always pictured alone rather than with their littermates, always having puppies available. None of these necessarily mean there are not actually puppies for sale, but they all indicate if the puppies really are for sale, it’s a broker situation, so the puppy are NOT responsibly bred and carefully raised. So it’s a no either way.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,595 Posts
I note that their address is the Alhambra Gardens apartment building. No way they have all those puppies in an apartment. At BEST this is a broker for one or more puppy mills, or something like that. At worst it's a flat-out scam.

Also, I know all the reputable breeders in this area, and these folks ain't on the list. I'd actually appreciate it if you deleted the name of this puppy supplier, just in case someone else comes along and sees your post and thinks it's worth a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts