Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Al is not registered, and the puppies are not pure bred. They are honest with that. But they also stress how they are not inbred as other breeders tend to do. I don't know enough about it either way. We just wanted a family dog. Anyway, just wanted to share.
He tells you the puppies are not purebred because in Canada under the Animal Pedigree Act, it is illegal to
sell a puppy as purebred, without CanKC registration. He claims he doesn't register his dogs/litters with them because
he has "issues" with them.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Could you give me his address? We got a pup from him 12 years ago. She was such a good dog with a beautiful red coat. So friendly & smart. Unfortunately she she passed away from heart failure. We miss her so much. We need to get another one like her. I have Allen’s Phone number but nobody is answering. We know he lives near Campbellford. If someone knows how to contact him or his address please let me know. [email protected]
Why in the world would you want another dog from him? Did you not see the very post your quoted? There are so many good breeders in Ontario (and across Canada).

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE DONT EVER BUY A PUPPY FROM AL. He needs to be SHUT DOWN.

Als house is absolutely disgusting. Puppies are kept in children’s pools full of literal poop in the house. Adults are kept in Kennels by the barn, also engulfed in endless amounts of poop. The police and so many animal agencies have been called on this ‘puppy mill,’ which always seem to enforce change but never seem to be able to shut him down. Puppies are brought in by the truck load, they must have another property where they’re breeding them too. Kennel of dogs down by the barn of crying dogs weeping for attention.

PLEASE adopt, or at least don’t support Al and his puppy mill.
Attached photo is from hired help before they hightailed it out of there.
C01901CD-3B0B-41FC-A101-CC0CBC4405A2.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
OMG thank you for posting those pictures. We put a deposit on a puppy with him in April and have not heard a word from him todate. He came highly recommended by a number of people and that is why we went with him and he is local. We will definitely not get a puppy from him and don't care if we loose our deposit. There has to be something that can be done to stop him. These pictures should be proof enough for the authorities to shut him down!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
PLEASE DONT EVER BUY A PUPPY FROM AL. He needs to be SHUT DOWN.

Als house is absolutely disgusting. Puppies are kept in children’s pools full of literal sh*t in the house. Adults are kept in Kennels by the barn, also engulfed in endless amounts of ****. The police and so many animal agencies have been called on this ‘puppy mill,’ which always seem to enforce change but never seem to be able to shut him down. Puppies are brought in by the truck load, they must have another property where they’re breeding them too. Kennel of dogs down by the barn of crying dogs weeping for attention.

PLEASE adopt, or at least don’t support Al and his puppy mill.
Attached photo is from hired help before they hightailed it out of there. View attachment 877763
That is horrifying.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve heard a lot of people using the phrase “registered breeder”. Is that a thing in Canada? In the US, the dog themselves are registered with the AKC or they aren’t (they might also be registered with the UKC or the continental kennel club - which is used by a lot of puppy mills) and I know you can pay to register a kennel name as yours so others can’t use it. Is registered breeder just a term people use to mean someone who is breeding registered dogs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve heard a lot of people using the phrase “registered breeder”. Is that a thing in Canada? In the US, the dog themselves are registered with the AKC or they aren’t (they might also be registered with the UKC or the continental kennel club - which is used by a lot of puppy mills) and I know you can pay to register a kennel name as yours so others can’t use it. Is registered breeder just a term people use to mean someone who is breeding registered dogs?
If they are registered they will be a pure bred dog & parents would be purebred as well & so on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If they are registered they will be a pure bred dog & parents would be purebred as well & so on.
No, I’m asking about the breeders, not the dogs. A lot of people use the term “registered breeder” and I’m wondering if they just mean a breeder whose dogs are registered or if there’s such a thing as the breeder themselves being registered with the kennel club in some way.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
No, I’m asking about the breeders, not the dogs. A lot of people use the term “registered breeder” and I’m wondering if they just mean a breeder whose dogs are registered or if there’s such a thing as the breeder themselves being registered with the kennel club in some way.
No. In Canada the dogs are registered with the Canadian Kennel Club. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a registered breeder. I think some people just use the phrase wrongly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No. In Canada the dogs are registered with the Canadian Kennel Club. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a registered breeder. I think some people just use the phrase wrongly.
Thank you! I figured that was the case but then I was like hmm there’s something else I don’t know about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t think any pups from Allan Bain are registered. To my knowledge he gets his breeding dogs from the States. Texas. We got a pup from him. The father was registered AKC but mother was not registered. Our dog was the best dog we have owned. Very obedient & didn’t need a leash. She passed away last April 2020 at 13 years old of heart failure. We now have a cream coloured male Golden Retriever. A friend of ours bought him but he didn’t work out for them. He is a beautiful smart dog but a little aggressive. I think he will calm down a bit once he gets neutered. Good luck with everyone trying to get one. We we’re lucky to get Chance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don’t think any pups from Allan Bain are registered. To my knowledge he gets his breeding dogs from the States. Texas. We got a pup from him. The father was registered AKC but mother was not registered. Our dog was the best dog we have owned. Very obedient & didn’t need a leash. She passed away last April 2020 at 13 years old of heart failure. We now have a cream coloured male Golden Retriever. A friend of ours bought him but he didn’t work out for them. He is a beautiful smart dog but a little aggressive. I think he will calm down a bit once he gets neutered. Good luck with everyone trying to get one. We we’re lucky to get Chance.
I wasn’t asking about Alan Bain in particular, I have no interested in a breeder like that. Regarding behavior issues with your dog, don’t expect neutering to fix that. If he is in fact aggressive, training is required. If it’s more just a young dog’s exuberance, growing up and maturing (and also training) is the best thing for him.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts