Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We picked our puppy up from him 2 weeks ago. She is one of the most intelligent dogs I have ever had with such a great temperament. Would highly recommend. We had no correspondence then had a phone call at 7 weeks to say come and pick her up.
Im glad theres hope!!!
I cant reach them anymore...
We have noooo idea when we will get our pup, if he still breeds...🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Premium Member
18,156 Posts
Those of you who paid a deposit and have had no communication since, I would ask, don't you want a breeder that communicates with you? There are so many better than this.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Those of you who paid a deposit and have had no communication since, I would ask, don't you want a breeder that communicates with you? There are so many better than this.
THIS. 100%. Why would you want a puppy from a litter you have never seen, never had photos, videos, updates on their health and development over their first eight weeks, the health of the mum.

·
Premium Member
18,156 Posts
Im glad theres hope!!!
I cant reach them anymore...
We have noooo idea when we will get our pup, if he still breeds...🤷🏼‍♀️

I really would encourage you to find a different breeder that will communicate with you, send you pictures of your puppy and the parents, send you occasional updates on the puppies development, and tell you when to expect to get your puppy. This would make me crazy if I paid a deposit and heard zero after from the breeder. I would assume it was just lost money and there would never be a puppy from this person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We gave Al a deposit in April and we are still waiting for news on our puppy we requested a Male . Seemingly two litters have been born, we were told there were three people ahead of us for Male puppies but we didn't get a puppy out of either litters so happy you got yours,do you mind saying how long you waited Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,156 Posts
We gave Al a deposit in April and we are still waiting for news on our puppy we requested a Male . Seemingly two litters have been born, we were told there were three people ahead of us for Male puppies but we didn't get a puppy out of either litters so happy you got yours,do you mind saying how long you waited Thanks.
I really would encourage you to find a different breeder that will communicate with you, send you pictures of your puppy and the parents, send you occasional updates on the puppies development, and tell you when to expect to get your puppy. This would make me crazy if I paid a deposit and heard zero after from the breeder. I would assume it was just lost money and there would never be a puppy from this person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't give up on Al Bain, his puppies are amazing. I had my doubts but in the end he came good. I have an 8 year old goldie ckc registered and a 16 week old goldie from Al, she is out of this world amazing and so intelligent, beautiful and all around amazing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi..
I am resurrecting this thread as some of us have done in the past when we have come across his kijiji ad with a price next to unbelievable and secondly getting impressed by what he told you over the phone call. I am still trying to do my research before I pay him the deposit. Are there more people who actually ended up buying a pup from him? The pups are priced at 775 on kijiji, a bit higher than his 2019 rate but still a lot less than what other breeders are selling at. Please let me know if you ended up buying from Allen? [email protected]
I have a male golden that we got from Al in April 2019. He is a beautiful healthy boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bobchu, There were 2 litters due this month. Have you spoken to Al recently? I had a good conversation with them in June and patiently await our puppy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope you didn't go with al bain he inbreeds his dogs he also says that his dogs are for seeing eye he's a lair I called and they never heard of him. He also doesn't show you where they are kept. We had to put ours down at the age of 2 for attacking and al did nothing to help just saying its our fault I have had goldens all my life never had one that bites its own owners. I'm trying to get the word out to get this guy out of business.
Al bain is not a good breeder we got a puppy from him and the dog we got was aggressive from the day we got him home. He doesn't let you see where they are kept or the parents. My dog had to be put down at the age of 3 for attacking us I have never had a golden that did this to us we called al bain he said it was our fault which was not the case. We think Al is inbreeding his dogs or puppy mill he sells way to many puppies in a year and his females are old. Please people we have to get this guy out of business.
My first ever dog was a golden from Al and he was amazing. He was calm, gentle and extremely healthy until old age hit. We just got another pup and everything seems to be going well. He does raise a couple of flags but their business as a whole is more old school then others. Personally i’m very grateful for them and the amazing dogs they provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Allen Bain Golden Retrievers - info from an OWNER

You can check out my blog for all info on my Finn who came from Allen Bain. You'll also be able to see some of the people who have also purchased pups from him.

Go to carlyanne.com and search Finn and Al Bain or Allen Bain.

From what I've read on this site, I can't see comments from anyone who has actually purchased a dog from Al Bain. (Other than the despicable Lucas07 who put their PUPPY down because it was aggressive and this is somehow the breeders fault that they didn't properly train their dog.)

Perhaps because I grew up on a farm I am more familiar with this type of Farm Breeder and I would NEVER spend thousands of dollars on a show dog.

My dog Finn was born on Jan 06, 2013. I contacted Al in Feb and went to view the puppies. He showed us the parents and a cousin before we got to meet the puppies. He brought us 3 (2 male & 1 female) from the litter that were not spoken for. We were NOT allowed to touch the puppies due to Al's concerns that we could contaminate them (as they were super young and of course, did not have all their shots). This was a very smart thing as most people had been viewing puppies all over the place.

We put down our deposit and were told that he would be ready to pick up in about a month - but could not give us a final date as it depends on the vet checks. Now this is another thing that I have seen people take as a negative. BUT coming from a farm, who the vet would come to visit to do check ups. You NEVER know the exact date. It depends on the vet's schedule. They give you a date and window of time and then let you know the morning of when they will arrive. You never know what emergencies will come up - so have to be flexible.

We called him back on the date he gave us to call and he let us know that we could come down that weekend.

We went to pick up our baby and before we could get our puppy we had to review the vet records, care and training instructions and sign the paperwork.

We then watched her give him a bath and dried him off. Finally once he was dry we got to hold him and take him home.

Al gave very clear instructions about how to feed and potty train the dogs. He breeds for health and intelligence and our Finn is smart as a whip.

As all of us Golden owners know, they are working dogs who need a job. They are VERY active and need to run a couple of hours a day (as well as swim!) to burn off the energy. I bet everyone on this forum can attest to that. I bet they can also attest to the days that they don't give their Golden the amount of exercise they need that they will chew shoes, walls, whatever because of boredom.

All puppies are aggressive to a certain extent. Same as babies. They try to get away with what they can and they will push you. I doubt many people here had a child that had tantrums or bit them as babies that gave them away or wanted to put them down.

Finn was a very bitey puppy. He wanted to wrestle and play and used his mouth. Puppy teeth are sharp and he bit hard as a little guy. But he grew out of it and we spent the time and money to go to puppy class to learn how to properly train and deal with a high-energy dog.

I encourage anyone to do their research on breeders. I recommend Allen Bain's dogs very highly and unless you need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a registered Golden Retriever, I haven't had one better.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any questions at [email protected].

I'd also love to hear from other's who have actually purchased a dog from Allen Bain.
I’ve also purchased now 2 dogs from Allen. Our first dog Pluto was very healthy and athletic yet still gentle and extremely smart. We just got our pup Lup in April and everything seems to be going good. He loves using his mouth to play but you also have to keep in mind that they’re teething. Allen is more old school but from personal experience I think he’s a good option.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts