Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I called to get Bravecto for Duke and Moe. They have been on it since last spring and I haven't had any issues. I was reluctant to use it at first because I don't like to give anything long acting without knowing it's safe. Neither one had any adverse reactions to it. When I called this morning to get my next dose (and all Dukes other meds) my vet called me back and suggested I switch to SImparica. He knows I hate changing if something is working with no issues, especially given Dukes problems. He really wants me to change because he said the Lone Star tick coverage is better with Simparica and it's a monthly. I trust him so I'm switching, just wondered if anyone else had gotten this recommendation or had experience with this preventative?

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,438 Posts
My Vet clinic has not suggested it, not sure if the other Clinic in my immediate area is or not.
I currently give Nexgard.

Different flea/tick preventatives work better in certain areas.
In my area, fleas are more of a problem than ticks are but my guy is rarely in wooded areas.
I can count on one hand over the last 9 years I have found a tick on my guy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never had a flea issue but unfortunately ticks are a problem here. Several dogs in our area became really sick last year from tick bites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts