Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as sent in to a couple of my clubs. This email excerpt covers both Faelan and Towhee's achievements during the past few weeks. I blanked their co-owners names for privacy from the web search engine. I am proud of both of them :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very pleased to announce that Faelan has earned his CDX obedience title in 3 straight shows, with all of his legs being earned with placements. Faelan is co-owned with _______ and is formally known as Windrush Amber Sunrise's Zachane CDX GN RA NAP CGC CCA.

The shows he qualified in were:

Oct 22 2011 PCOTC am trial with a 4th place under Robert Amen
Oct 22 2011 PCOTC pm trial with a 2nd place under Frank Washabaugh
Nov 19 2011 Charles River with a 2nd place under Arthur L Cartwright

Faelan has also earned his NAP, placing for all 3 Q's at the following Agility Trials

Oct 8 2011 Western Mass Sheltie with a 1st place under Debra Carlson
Nov 5 2011 Hudson Valley GRC with a 2nd place under Sionag Black
Nov 6 2011 Hudson Valley GRC with a 1st place under Sionag Black

To round off his November, Faelan has earned his Graduate Novice Title (GN) in 3 straight trials with placements for each leg

Apr 24 2011 Pioneer Valley Kennel Club with a 3rd place under judge Dr David Maurer
Nov 25 2011 So Windsor Kennel Club with a 2nd place under judge Jeffrey B Showman
Nov 26 2011 Windham Country Kennel Club with a 2nd place under judge Donald A Levinson

Towhee made a successful obedience debut by completing her Rally Novice title in 3 straight shows. Towhee is co-owned with _______ and is now officially known as Sunfire's Desert Towhee RN CGC.

The shows Towhee qualified in were

Nov 24 2011 Holyoke Kennel Club under judge Laurey C Weiner
Nov 25 2011 So Windsor Kennel Club under judge Laurey C Weiner
Nov 26 2011 WIndham County Kennel Club under judge Dr Ellen J Adomelis

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wooooo hoooo, you guys are UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
What a fun year you have been having!! Congrats!! Keep it up!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Very nice alphabet soups you have there after their names, already! Congratulations!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
hope you've been saving up for those shadowboxes! :D

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have to start - the ribbons & rosettes are currently spread out on the top of a bureau in my office and I need to move them each time I dust LOL. The programs and maps on on my desk and well, I really don't like clutter but if I put everything away I'll procrastinate!!

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Sharon, huge congrats to you and the kids..let's hope this is start of wonderful things to come. SUNFIRE rocks!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh Michelle, you would have loved it this weekend !! Barb was there with husband, son and a few dogs, there were several Sunfire dogs doing what Sunfire dogs excel at (one a MACh starting her obedience career; awesome) and I lost Towhee's focus twice :

When Barb entered the building - luckily before Towhee went into the ring :)

When a Sunfire boy walked across her path - I know because I asked if their handsome boy was Sunfire and they said yes :)

Reactions: Titan1

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
how cool that you live right there so close. It's a rare thing to have another Sunfire dog at a trial here. Although Pat Jones was showing at the last trial I was at, so that was another Sunfire dog!

I have been known to glance at a catalog, get excited when I see a Sunfire dog listed, and then realize it's my own dog's name I'm looking at :doh:

Reactions: Sunrise and Titan1

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
I am looking forward to meeting them at the NOI.. And seeing the two other Apollo puppies competing. I have met both Fran/Riley and Jan/Tucker both once before. I will get to spend time with Pat again which I always love! Was Barb showing anyone or was she just visiting?

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barb's husband Mike was showing Champ, her son Nate was showing his girl Breeze, but I think Barb is still training Ammo for Utility, he wasn't there that I saw.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
What an awesome few weeks you have had! It is going to be fun to see those brags in print! :)

Congrats!!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What an awesome few weeks you have had! It is going to be fun to see those brags in print! :)

Congrats!!
Thanks :) My obedience club sent out the newsletter last night, and it was fun! I included some pictures of Faelan, and several for Faelan's and Towhee's kin were in the brag section as well!!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
WOW!!! What a very impressive and rewarding month you and your pack has had. CONGRATS!! :dblthumb2

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :jamming:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I read your previous posts and enjoyed the excitement, thanks for writing the details so we could have some vicarious thrills - ooh handler error and ouch teeter accident. Makes me feel like I was there!

Congratulations; I see how hard you work and what wonderful dogs. I'm glad you all had fun and success, Casey too :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts