Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have spent the day playing with the puppers about as much as I could. Took somewhere around 300 pictures and avoided cleaning the closets as I planned.

Often the question comes up, "Is there a difference between male and female Goldens?" I've heard the females are "Love Me Love Me Love" while the males are "I Love You!" scenarios many times and thought I knew what that meant.

It wasn't until this evening though....

While I was sitting at the computer this evening, Jules came over to my chair, sat down and leaned into me with this, "I'm here and you're my mom and this is all I need in life" attitude. I think I finally understand what people are talking about now. Oh my gawd what a wave of emotion came over me!

Jasmine is totally the "Love Me! Play with me! Pet Me! Notice Me! kind of girl! Now she will often lay content at your side or feet but it sure doesn't take much to distract her and she will walk away in the middle of a good belly rub when she's had enough.

Jules: Lean into you just enough to be comfortable, lay plastered at your side, even when dad is in the kitchen, get up from across the room just to come touch you and he's by my side more than any dog I have had without me always knowing he is there.

I think I'm pretty luck to have the best of both worlds!

And well, you know, I took pictures today so um, have to share, hope you don't mind!

Best Pillow in the house!!!

Jules and his sweet sweet face!

Jasmine, the self declared princess! Every house must have one!

Playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie with Dad!

·
Sam and Jack's Mum!!!!!
1,521 Posts
Thanks for sharing. great pictures! Sam is a girl, and she is definitely as you describe. "love me Love me," If you stop patting her or stop that affectionate play, she is all over you and pawing at your hands to keep on going! She is content to lie at your feet, but definitely knows how to attract our attention when she wants to.

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
That is a great first picture!!!!
I too have one female and one male and I also see the differences in the sexes and the different ways they show their love and affection.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Great pics! Loved them! I'd have to say that Ozzy displays both types of behaviors. In the day time when things are especially quiet & late at night, he's all "love you, love you", but in the early evenings he's all about "play with me, pet me, it's all about ME, ME, ME!"

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
What a great looking trio!!! Playing with the puppers is MUCH better than cleaning out closets!!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Sweet pictures. You have a fine looking crew there. I've had both males and females and the love you/love me test has held true for all of them. Oakly likes to be in physical contact with me at all times. Right now his chin is on my foot.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
your caption about Jules "sweet face" hit the mark! cause that was exactly the thought that ran through my mind when I saw the picture

·
Kirby'sMom
1,155 Posts
Can Kirby and I come play at your house??? I need to clean my closets, too. Actually, my house is a disaster right now and all I'm doing is sitting here catching up on all the posts!! :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts