Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard of Bowser Beer for Dogs? http://www.3busydogs.com/Home.aspx

I won a gift basket at an SCPA fundraiser a couple weekends ago and a bottle of this dog "beer" was included. It's mostly water and some beef broth but I did notice citric acid on the label. I know citric acid is a no no as a preservative in dry food because of bloat concerns...does the same apply to liquids?!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kimm! I tried googling but really just found info relative to citric acid as a preservative in dry food. I was just hoping someone here would know one way or another...if there's any question about its safety it is going in the trash!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I have seen citric acid in alot of stuff like Liquiderm liquid for dogs or Arthisoothe for dogs besides food. It is probably a very small amount in the beer so I think it would be safe. I was actually surprised at how many dog products that have citric acid.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!! I'm pretty sure it was the very last ingredient on the label so I'm sure you're right that it is a small amount! Maybe Deacon will get his own happy hour tomorrow after work! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts