Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were able to spluger this payday and we bought a range finder. We have been guesstimating how far we have been running the dogs. Well we took the new toy with to training today it was a real eye opener. I thought I needed to get Jige to run even further than what we are doing now but my boy is doing 130yrd doubles in the one field. Tomorrow I will find out how far I have been sending him out in the other field. The one single that I was using a couple of weeks ago was 160yrds. Here I thought he was maybe going 80-100yrds. I guess I am not good at guesstimating.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is! It is really going to help us figure out how far they are going and at what distance they are having troubles.

·
Registered
21,101 Posts
can you tell us which one you bought? The ones I was looking at were all about $450-$500, too rich for my blood!
I'm really bad at estimating distances, too. Dan will run Tito over 200 yards, and I think it's about 100....

·
Registered
21,101 Posts
Thanks! I will take a look at it.

·
Registered
21,101 Posts
I decided I have to have one....Bass Pro Shops has them for $179.99, but I'm sure they'll honor Gander Mountain's price of $169.99. I printed the rebate form, so I'm ready to go.
(I just happen to have a $150 Bass Pro gift card burning a hole in my pocket, that's why it has to come from Bass Pro!)

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Darn they are expensive. Especially the Leica, Leupold and Swarovski. I am curious how they actually compare - sometimes (few times) just because they cost more it does not necessarily mean they work better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rangefinders are a really cool thing to have. It makes it much easier to make a shot when you are hunting. My son is starting to hunt and I want to buy a rangefinder for him. I was looking for hunting rangefinder online and I found one on ATN. They have some cool stuff on their website and for really good prices. Soon we will go hunting and I will gift it to him. I was thinking of buying a scope for him also from the website and I probably will. They have cool HD scopes that are capable of streaming and making HD video and I know that he likes that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts