Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both G-Man and Milo are limping on their front paw this morning. Gilmour is worse than Milo.

It looks like Gilmour has injured his pinky toe. Can't tell with Milo.

They have spent hours and hours and hours outside romping in the snow. I'm thinking they may have over-done it, and tweaked their toe(s) in the snow.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would let them rest for a couple of days. Hopefully they will be back to normal in a couple of days.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! You do realize what you are asking there, right :)

I can close the gate to the kitchen so they can only get out when I want them to. I think I will do that for now. I think Milo's re-training to his new "Potty Method" is set enough in place.

In fact, he's very good. He will sit at the gate and moan at me when he needs to go out :)

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Hope they're right as rain very soon so they can go romp some more!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I had a friend's dog play outside in the snow and literally bloody his pads. Perhaps your dogs just got their pads all sensitive.

Ann

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have a Noah with a limp as well. The puppy seems to have so much energy Noah can't keep it going for as long...but is trying.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
It's probably the "we had too much fun" limp! My crack head of a dog will stay out in the snow playing to the point of exhaustion; that's why I get to decide when enough's enough. Hope a couple of days of restricted activity will cure the boys.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
LOL! You do realize what you are asking there, right :)

I can close the gate to the kitchen so they can only get out when I want them to. I think I will do that for now. I think Milo's re-training to his new "Potty Method" is set enough in place.

In fact, he's very good. He will sit at the gate and moan at me when he needs to go out :)
YES I DO!!! LOL I have 4 pups and it is even harder with double double trouble.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They seemed pretty good last night so I let them out.

This morning they are limping again LOL

I'm thinking they are really pushing it when the play, and in the morning when they wake up their muscles are all stiff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts