Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, my Dallie has been gagging a bit and throwing up a small amount of bile like substance this morning and a couple of days ago. She seems herself and has not shown any signs of being sick(except for this) Her activity level is the same and she plays ball every day like always and provides ample playtime for her Golden pal Karlie. I don't want to rush to the Vet for every issue that comes up, but I don't know what to think about this problem. Does anyone have a suggestion for me before I call the Vet for some tests..........She is five years old and a really happy girl.

Ronna
Dallie & Karlie

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
generally when dogs throw up some bile, especially first thing in the morning, they are hungry.
Try giving her a few treats or a handful of kibble first thing in the morning when she first wakes. If that seems to help, try giving her a nice snack at night before she goes to bed and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
It's very common in dogs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
generally when dogs throw up some bile, especially first thing in the morning, they are hungry.
Try giving her a few treats or a handful of kibble first thing in the morning when she first wakes. If that seems to help, try giving her a nice snack at night before she goes to bed and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
It's very common in dogs.

Thank you so much for your response.........as a matter of fact Dallie has always had issues with food and I find that Karlie eats Dallie's food from time to time, so maybe she is starving and I just didn't notice. She will be monitored more closely and given a snack before bedtime. I have always left food out all of the time which from being on GRF isn't a "good thing", but I have never owned a dog that had a weight problem.........now I am thinking that maybe I do....with the big K......Karlie that is........lol

Ronna
Dallie & Karlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts