Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is about 11 months now. Thinking of taking her to a friend's cabin in the snow. Does she need booties to protect from the ice/slipping?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Unless it is extremely cold (<0F), she should be OK. I usually put on Musher's Secret to keep the snow from balling on her feet and to protect from road salt. Trimming the fur between the toes helps too. :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I live in New Hampshire and we get a ton of snow and we don't use boots at all here... I sent out my 5 and 6 week old puppies into the snow and they were fine you will know when they have had enough, they will start lifting their feet but otherwise they should be fine

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless it is extremely cold (<0F), she should be OK. I usually put on Musher's Secret to keep the snow from balling on her feet and to protect from road salt. Trimming the fur between the toes helps too. :)
We do this, too :) But I don't think booties are needed, or at least I've never used them on my current or past dogs.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
2 of my yorkies have booties otherwise they will not walk in cold snow. Buddy has boots passed down to him from Lucky. I used them for Lucky if we were going to be outside such as hiking for an extended period or walking on salted roads for protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts