Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,901 Posts
No foxtails in paws anymore with the Pawz (still gotta check feathers and tail), and I am getting slightly better at putting them on. Tomo continues to lie down occasionally to lick at his front feet above his dewclaws, not sure if he feels his paws are hot or uncomfortable, but I'll readjust the boots and alternate how high the boots are (to envelop his dewclaws vs leave them out).

One of the boots broke on our third outing, but he got a hold of one today in the house and started chewing it up, and it seemed undamaged.

I ordered 3 pairs of Ruffwear Grip Trex in different sizes (2.5, 2.75, and 3.0 in). His front and back feet are different sizes so I plan to try all 3 sizes and send 1 of the pairs back. Will report when I get them :)

Depending on how the Ruffwear ones fit, might also get some Muttluks Mud Monsters -- but I'd like to try Ruffwear first and figure out the sizing, as they ship from Canada so it'll be more of a hassle to return if size is off.
Canada? They were in Bend Oregon as early or 3 or 4 years ago. Odd they would have moved to Canada.

Edit: I just peeked at their site and they are still in Bend Oregon. Not sure where Canada came into play.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Canada? They were in Bend Oregon as early or 3 or 4 years ago. Odd they would have moved to Canada.

Edit: I just peeked at their site and they are still in Bend Oregon. Not sure where Canada came into play.
Sorry, I just realized my sentence was confusing. Muttluks are in Canada, Ruffwear is indeed in Oregan. I hope that 2 of the 3 sizes I ordered from Ruffwear will work out. I might order from Muttluks once we get more dog boots experience with the Ruffwear.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ruffwear Grip Trex are working great! It does fall off sometimes, esp the front shoes slide down past his dewclaws, but he is much better at not licking at his feet so they must be more comfy.
He does have a cut now but that’s because I didn’t check his feet closely enough before I put the boots on again and there was a foxtail in there.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,901 Posts
Ruffwear Grip Trex are working great! It does fall off sometimes, esp the front shoes slide down past his dewclaws, but he is much better at not licking at his feet so they must be more comfy.
He does have a cut now but that’s because I didn’t check his feet closely enough before I put the boots on again and there was a foxtail in there.
View attachment 874109
They are great boots. I recommend them all the time. They are a little expensive but they should last a very long time compared to other boots. Glad you're happy with them!

He looks pretty stylish with the blue and red and matching vest!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
he looks really cute in them! did he take awhile to get use to it?
He didn't like putting them on when we're in the house but he has the same problem with putting on the harness, he'll turn and run if he sees the harness, so we're continuing to work on that. I switched to putting the boots on when we are parked at the park and ready to get out, he is eager to get out and walk around so he's much more pliant :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They are great boots. I recommend them all the time. They are a little expensive but they should last a very long time compared to other boots. Glad you're happy with them!

He looks pretty stylish with the blue and red and matching vest!
Thank you for the recommendation! I am glad we got the boots. I also ordered another pair in black in a bigger size and figured 2 out of 3 sizes would work :ROFLMAO: So I gotta send the black pair back.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts