Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have been on this site/forums for a couple of months now but really started to spend more time here over the last couple of weeks (vacation time!! yay!).

I have not introduced myself yet so I guess it's about time I do it! :)
My name is Marie-Julie. I am 33 and work as a business analyst. I live on Ile d'Orléans, an island of 7000 souls near Québec City, Québec, Canada. My first language is French so don't be surprised if you find my wording or syntax a bit awkward from time to time.

Poppy is my first dog. I've always had cats and still do (I have two), but I dreamed of having a dog as well. I got Poppy from a shelter when she was 4 1/2 months and had been there shelter for less than a day. I have it easy with her! She has always been such a wonderful dog. Potty trained, sleeps well at night and is full of good will when it comes to working on some little behavioral issues. We have a wonderful place here with lots of land, woods and the river. Lots of places for a Golden to run wild, get wet and dirty! And believe me, she does all of the above!

Going through the forums over the past couple of days made me realize what a neat bunch you guys are. I've been coming here for advice and info but found a lot more going on here. Lots of genuine care and support and I find that very moving. I hope I can bring something to the "community" myself.

Au plaisir,

Marie-Julie

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Bienvenue Marie-Julie :) I'm also a newbie learning the ropes but wanted to give you the warm welcome I got when I first posted here :) Hope you have in here. There is plenty for us to learn and plenty good people glad to share their experiences with us "noobs" :)

Isabel

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Welcome!!! You know what else we love? PICS!!!! :D and lots of them! Haha

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some pictures!

Poppy and Salem taking a nap, and Poppy waiting for her coffee and toast. 010.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Bienvenue Marie-Julie :) I'm also a newbie learning the ropes but wanted to give you the warm welcome I got when I first posted here :) Hope you have in here. There is plenty for us to learn and plenty good people glad to share their experiences with us "noobs" :)

Isabel
Thank you so much Isabel! :)

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Poppy is a sweetheart! She looks a lot like my Lacey who I also adopted. Enjoy your stay here!

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P.s.

I didn't want to overcrowd the space here with tons of pictures but see my album if you can't get enough of Poppers! (which of course you can't!! ;))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts