Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Bob, Casey and now Oakley!

154K views 2K replies 62 participants last post by  lexie_bushey 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After losing our dog Copper, we actively looked for another dog for Bob and for us. And after reading all of the great rescue stories on this forum we decided to go the rescue route and yesterday we brought home our sweet little girl who we have named Casey! It's very weird having a puppy again but Bob seems to love having a playmate again. I wanted to share some pictures of them since this forum helped me make the decision to rescue a dog and I'm so happy that I did!

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Congratulations, Casey is adorable!

Great to hear Bob is enjoying having a playmate and being a big brother.

Have fun with her, thanks for adopting!
Thank you guys she is pretty special and becoming very spoiled.

Attachments

#15 ·
Casey

Casey looks so innocent sleeping!!! Don't be surprised if Bob finds her irritating at times! That's what happened when our Samoyed Munchkin was older and we brought a puppy home. They did end up loving one another, but sometimes Snobear got on her nerves!!

#16 ·
Casey looks so innocent sleeping!!! Don't be surprised if Bob finds her irritating at times! That's what happened when our Samoyed Munchkin was older and we brought a puppy home. They did end up loving one another, but sometimes Snobear got on her nerves!!
It is such a learning experience since we haven't had a puppy in 8 years. They are both great outside together following each other around and on my bed they cuddle but I noticed that he gets more irritated when we are all together.

Attachments

#20 ·
I thought about a DNA test but I might wait till she's older to see if we can tell as she grows. Bob is coming around I caught them cuddling on the bed this morning and he slept close to her crate last night wish I had my phone to get a picture. Its going to definitely take time for him to get used to her and he may like her better once she mellows out a little.

#24 ·
Love the photos of Bob and Casey! They look so cute together.

Bless you for rescuing! :)

Reactions: Karen519
#27 ·
What sweet pictures of Bob and Casey.
Our Samoyed, Tonka, nibbles at your nose when he kisses you, too!
It's funny because our dog Copper, who we lost last month would always nibble on my nose when ever I was holding him so it was pretty special when she did it, made me tear up a little.

#29 ·
Thank you I do feel that Copper was going to pick out the dog for us even if she can be a bit of a terror ?. Here are some more pictures of Bob and Casey! Bob is even showing her where Grammy and papa live so they can get treats on their walk so I guess he likes her right?

Attachments

#36 ·
Got to spend the day outside with the pups. Can't believe Casey has been here a week already! She is turning into a great dog but she is also a trouble maker if she doesn't burn her energy off. She is learning her boundaries with Bob and how much he can tolerate and Bob is realizing to that she is just a puppy and doesn't know her limits yet. And something truly great happened Bob started to play with her! He hasn't played with a dog since he was attacked a few years back but seeing Bob play bow and start playing with her was one of the greatest things that I have seen! I knew Casey was going to be a special dog but didn't know she was going to be this special.

Attachments

#40 ·
Casey has been here 3 weeks! Her and Bob have become really close. Bob who is not big on playing has been playing with her nonstop. I never thought they would get along as well as they do. She is such a goofball and her personality is starting to show even more. She is 18 weeks now and I can't believe how much she has grown. I wanted to update this thread with pictures to show everyone how much she has grown and how she has made herself at home here and of course a couple pictures of Bob!

Attachments

#44 ·
We just love hearing about Bob and Casey!!:):)
Thank you I love sharing stories and pictures of them. She is such a character, her and Bob are playing everyday and Bob is acting a lot younger than his age because of her. She is about 19 weeks now and such a troublemaker. I finished my semester so I have more time to work on her training to make her the dog I know she can be. And of course I need to post some pictures of the pups!

Attachments

#46 ·
I was so worried that he wouldn't since he is so used to getting all of my attention and not having to share his toys which he is still working on but for her only being here about a month I'm so happy with the progress that they are both making