Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1661 - 1680 of 1684 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,662 ·
They have the best lives. I’m sorry about Casey, but I’m glad she’s doing better.
Thank you! I try to make sure they have a great life. I love just being with them. Hikes are definitely their favorite. Casey's news was a bit of a shock but I'll do whatever she needs. We will keep an eye on it especially since she is part boxer so heart disease is high but she doesn't need any restrictions yet which I'm so happy about. I just want her to enjoy life with her brother!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,663 · (Edited)
Casey and Oakley had a play date with my friend's 11 month old lab Dolly! They had a blast chasing each other in and out of the river. It was great to see them act with a puppy especially Oakley. He is anxious around other dogs so to see him engaging in play made me so happy. I'm on a list for a puppy next year which makes me excited and nervous because him and Casey are my main priority but seeing them with other dogs is making me feel like getting a puppy will be a good decision.
Water Water resources Plant Vertebrate Tree
Water Plant Dog Fluvial landforms of streams Working animal
Water Dog Carnivore Dog breed Lake
Dog Plant Tree Carnivore Mammal
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Fawn
Water Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed
Water Dog Plant Dog breed Working animal

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,664 ·
I am officially on vacation for the week. Of course my days will be spent with the pups! Today we just spent the day at the house, they ran around the hay field now that it's cut. I'm hoping to get them on a couple hikes this week and I found out there is a dog beach now that far from us. I honestly took time off to be with them so I'm hoping the heat won't be to bad even if we are going to be in a heat wave so we can do everything I have planned.
Sky Dog Cloud Plant Dog breed
Dog Collar Plant Carnivore Dog breed
Sky Cloud Dog Plant Dog breed
Cloud Sky Dog Plant Dog breed
Cloud Sky Dog Plant Dog breed
Dog Wood Collar Carnivore Fawn
Dog Collar Carnivore Pet supply Plant

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,666 ·
Sounds like a really fun week you have planned! You’re going to have a couple of really happy dogs there!
That's the plan! I honestly just want to be with them not sure if we will make it to the beach but they will be swimming either way. Oak and I just got back from a ride. We just bought a UTV and he really loves running along side of it! Thankfully he learned at the daycare he went to how to safely run along side one with distance between him and the vehicle. Casey will gladly just watch her brother from the deck lol
Mirror Cloud Plant Sky Dog

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I am officially on vacation for the week. Of course my days will be spent with the pups! Today we just spent the day at the house, they ran around the hay field now that it's cut. I'm hoping to get them on a couple hikes this week and I found out there is a dog beach now that far from us. I honestly took time off to be with them so I'm hoping the heat won't be to bad even if we are going to be in a heat wave so we can do everything I have planned. View attachment 894644 View attachment 894645 View attachment 894646 View attachment 894647 View attachment 894648 View attachment 894649 View attachment 894650

They look very happy about it! I hope it isn’t too hot.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,668 ·
They look very happy about it! I hope it isn’t too hot.
It was great being with them today and not having to worry about work! Unfortunately it looks like we will be in a heat wave this week so the dog beach might not happen because I don't want them in their crates for long in the car but the pond we go to is down the street which is good so we will definitely be there!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,670 ·
That UTV is awesome! What fun for Oakley! Any chance of getting a video of him?

Hopefully this link works
This was him earlier in our hay field

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,671 ·
Almost made it my whole vacation without having to bring a dog to work till this morning. Oakley woke up this morning not able to turn his head or look at me without turning his whole body towards me. My poor boy has a neck injury. I'm unsure what he did. I know I'm lucky I can just bring him into work. He is on carprofen for 10 days, he had first laser treatment today and will probably do another treatment tomorrow. I need to keep quiet at least for a few days and if he goes for a walk no collar so I have to get him a harness.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Pet supply

Microphone Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed

Nose Face Glasses Smile Dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Pet supply

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,673 ·
Oh no! Poor Oakley! That really is a strange injury. Hope he gets some relief soon ❤
I wish I knew what he did. I'm noticing a little difference now he is moving his head more. Trying to not have him overdue it but he is such an active boy that keeping him calm is hard. I'm going to bring him in tomorrow to use the laser on him again so hopefully he will heal faster. I don't know how long he will be okay with not playing ball.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,675 ·
I’m sorry that happened to Oakley. I hope he heals up quickly.
He was a little better tonight. He definitely can't handle doing nothing so I did some place work with him to help tire his brain. I bought him a harness and he was so confused by it when he went for a short walk. He will have another laser treatment and if we feel he is doing okay I might try a short hike. He likes training but it doesn't tire him out as much as he needs. He also seemed mad that I wouldn't throw his ball tonight no matter how many times he threw it in my way.
Dog Sky Plant Tree Carnivore

Dog Dog supply Wood Dog breed Pet supply

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
He was a little better tonight. He definitely can't handle doing nothing so I did some place work with him to help tire his brain. I bought him a harness and he was so confused by it when he went for a short walk. He will have another laser treatment and if we feel he is doing okay I might try a short hike. He likes training but it doesn't tire him out as much as he needs. He also seemed mad that I wouldn't throw his ball tonight no matter how many times he threw it in my way. View attachment 894867
View attachment 894866
I’m sorry. It’s hard when they don’t understand. My last Golden hurt his back one time and it is difficult to get them to be more leisurely.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,677 ·
I’m sorry. It’s hard when they don’t understand. My last Golden hurt his back one time and it is difficult to get them to be more leisurely.
He definitely is worse when it's time for his carprofen. Once that kicks in, he is ready to run. He had his laser treatment this morning and acted like nothing is wrong when he went to great everyone but he won't comfortably lay on his left side yet. The only plus of the heat wave is its to hot to be outside so he is a little more forced to be quiet

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,678 ·
It's crazy to me but somehow my puppy grew up! Oakley is 4 years old today! He is such a goofball, he keeps me laughing. His confidence is showing more and more and I couldn't be happier to see him be comfortable around new dogs or going new places. He runs constantly and is still so happy to tease Casey any chance he gets. I just wish my boy would stop growing up! Happy Birthday Oakley! View attachment 895308 View attachment 895309
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Companion dog
View attachment 895310

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
How can he be 4????
Happy birthday sweet Oakley!

Reactions: lexie_bushey
1661 - 1680 of 1684 Posts