Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1601 - 1620 of 1635 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,602 ·
Beautiful fun day!
It was such a nice day. We definitely enjoyed it! Of course it's going to rain tomorrow and I have to work so we tried to make sure today was well spent!
Looks like so much fun! I know they enjoy being able to run free.
They definitely enjoy running! We have 14 acres at home for them to run but i think they enjoy getting out and running other places too. They get so excited. Definitely planning different hikes to go on this year, I think they will enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,603 ·
Love days where I can spend the day with them! The pups spent the day running around the field, chasing each other and Oakley played with his tree tugger!
Casey's allergies are worse and I had to switch her off cytopoint and on to cyclosporine which so far has helped. She did not like the 5 day course of prednisone to switch her over. Thankfully she doesn't seem to itchy but we will find out once we are outside more.
Oakley is still my crazy goofball. He will run for hours. Casey and I will be tired but he keeps going. He will play ball or with his tree tugger until I make him come inside.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Plant
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Plant
Sky Cloud Dog Plant Dog breed
Dog Ecoregion Plant Tree Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Fawn
Dog Plant Window Grass Collar
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Tree
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Working animal
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Fawn

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,605 ·
Sounds like a great day for you and the pups.
The tree tugger looks fantastic, I've been looking at some new options for my girlie. I think she would love this.

Sorry to hear about Casey's allergies, hope she'll be doing better soon.
The tree tugger Is awesome! Oak spends 15-20mins at a time playing with it and is exhausted. He has made me worry when he has the ball, decides to chase Casey and he forgets it is attached to the tree. He loves his chuckit ball but this is something he can do on his own.
Poor Casey, she is so itchy and the weather isn't even that bad yet. Her food allergies are under control but outdoor allergies are all ready affecting her. I'm hopeful this medication will work there isn't really anything else for her to go on if it doesn't. She is also on Claritin and benadryl daily too

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,606 ·
Any day off I have I try to plan to take the pups somewhere especially if we have decent weather. Today we did start the day out at work, poor Casey has another uti. Hopefully a week of antibiotics will clear it up. Afterwards we went to a new hiking spot and they loved it! They had a blast running around. Oakley even found a river then mud which made this place even better! Oak did end up needing a bath when he got home and his barkbox came with a bunny bathrobe that he was not amused with!
Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Plant
Sky Cloud Dog Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply Plant
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Grass
Dog Carnivore Plant Dog breed Tree
Dog Plant Vertebrate Collar Mammal
Dog Plant Sky Tree Dog breed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,608 ·
Sorry to hear Casey has a UTI, hope she's feeling better.
Looks like the Casey and Oakley had a great time at the new hiking spot.

The picture of Oakley with his Bunny robe on is priceless, the look on his face says it all...
This is her second one ever and her first one was back in November. She has never had this issue. I don't know why she is now. She is so miserable. Thankfully the hike perked her up!
Oakley had a blast, he was running everywhere! He had us laughing with that bathrobe. He wasn't amused with the bath since he worked so hard to play in the mud!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,609 ·
Today wouldn't be my day off if I didn't spend it at work with one of the pups. Oakley started vomiting at 2am this morning and continued every 45 minutes. I'm so grateful I work for a great vet I can show up with my dog and we can get him feeling better right away. We took an xray and It didn't show anything of concern. We gave him a shot of cerenia to help with his nausea and I brought him home. Hopefully he won't need any other meds and will just have an off day today and that's it. Casey was very mad that she had to stay home but while oak is napping I'm sitting outside watching her run around.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Companion dog
Dog Carnivore Flooring Dog breed Floor
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Whiskers

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,612 ·
Oak was back at work with me today. He was lethargic and still not eating. We did quick blood test and confirmed he has pancreatitis. Hopefully adding in other meds will make boy feel better. When we came home he did perk up a little so here's hoping he eats tonight
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,613 ·
I can't believe i started this thread 7 years ago! Happy Gotcha Day Casey! 7 years ago this girl came in to my life. She was a 15 week old puppy that had already been in two homes had and no manners, food aggression, was leash reactive and would run off if she wasn't on a leash. Today she is 100% offleash, is interested in meeting other dogs! She tested my training skills but has turned into a great dog and I'm lucky her previous owners didn't know the dog she could be.
Dog Dog breed Plant Tree Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Automotive tire Pet supply
Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Grass
Dog Furniture Comfort Carnivore Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Plant Collar Carnivore Fawn
Dog Liver Dog breed Collar Working animal

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,614 ·
Today was spent by going to a couple stores then spending the day outside! I bought kennels for my jeep so the pups are safe while I'm driving. It's definitely a learning experience for them but they are realizing going in them they get to go somewhere! Casey decided i didnt need to buy two they fit in one just fine! It was such a great day I hate seeing it end!
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Carnivore Fawn Companion dog Dog breed
Dog Collar Carnivore Road surface Dog breed
Dog Dog supply Collar Pet supply Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Dog supply Pet supply Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Floor
Dog Carnivore Pet supply Collar Dog supply

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,617 ·
What awesome pics! Definitely a fun day for you all!
It was such a fun day! We are going to look at a new daycare on Friday for both of them. The best part Is my friend owns it so they get to check it out before it officially opens!

Happy Belated Gotcha Day to Casey, great pictures.

Hope Oak is feeling better now.

Too funny about Casey and Oak in the same kennel, those are great too.
Oak is feeling better. He doesn't do well when he is sick. It was a tough first few days. He finishes his medications tomorrow and we can start adding back in his normal food.

Casey and Oakley have great bond now. They do things apart but are together a lot now. Laying together a lot more and even playing more. So when I bought the kennels she decided that she could share one with oak. She keeps trying to be in his which is so funny since she always wanted her own space!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,618 ·
Oakley is back at work with me today. He started vomiting again yesterday and he refused food which is definitely not him. He was lethargic. I'm so grateful he can come to work with me when he isn't feeling good. We rechecked xrays and no blockage. Started back up on meds, bland diet and sent out another allergy panel. I just want my poor boy to feel like himself again
Dog Carnivore Plant Fawn Companion dog

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Oh no, dear Oakley! It’s wonderful he can come to work with you. You’re the best mom 💕🐾🐾💕. Hope he feels better soon!

Reactions: lexie_bushey
1601 - 1620 of 1635 Posts