Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1581 - 1600 of 1635 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,581 ·
That is definitely a lot of snow! That pic of Casey in her bed. The look on her face says it all: “Mom, this is where I belong!”. And Oakley, I love the pics of him bounding through the snow! He’s in his element for sure!
That picture was when I asked her if she wanted to go outside. She now has her blanket so she is not moving! Oak is so mad that i made him come in. He keeps running back to the door but his paws are red so he needs to warm up first before we go back out.
That sure is a lot of snow, I know Bob is watching from above and enjoying it with Oakley.
I've honestly been struggling the past few days missing Bob. I keep saying how much I need him. So for this storm to be named Bobby, did give me that little sign that he is here. Oak is loving the snow and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. He can't wait to go back out!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,584 ·
We got snow too......1 inch!! That's just crazy...those are awesome photos.
Final totals are close to 3ft of snow! Oakley has never had a snow storm like this, he is so happy and mad every time I make him come in. I'm so happy he loves it. Casey on the other hand has refused to leave her bed and won't come out till spring

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,586 ·
Pretty funny, I recognize the look on Casey's face, my husband looks like that when he comes in after using the snow blower to give us a path to walk on.
The Goldens must come in with a built in love for snow :)
View attachment 889164
That's my Oakley who is my crazy golden that loves snow! Casey is my hound mix who hides in her dog bed with a blanket hating that it's not summer! And Oakley has knocked her into the snow a few times which makes her mad

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,587 ·
Some updated pictures of the pups. We have been having some nice weather so the pups have been happy running outside. It is muddy from all the snow melting which makes a very Happy Oakley! Today Oakley went to the groomer. It was tough going and only bringing oak, it was one of Bob's favorite places to go. I was also worried because this is the first time he would be without Casey since Bob passed. The groomer said Oak was the dog of the day and was her easiest to groom! While oak was at the groomer, Casey went to runnings and picked out which toys she wanted. Their new bandanas also came in!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,588 ·
These two are definitely keeping me busy. I think they took notes from Bob, today was my day off and we ended up at my work this morning. Oakley has a bilateral ear infection and Casey has an anal gland infection. Thankfully both are easily treated. Both of them have gained weight so it's time to cut back on treats and increase exercise. Hoping the weather continues to get warmer so we can be outside, Casey and Oakley both love running the field or the pasture. I love getting pictures of these two having fun. And of course a picture if my angel boy Bob, not a day goes by that I don't miss him
Dog Plant Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Plant Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Tree Companion dog Plant
Dog Plant Carnivore Tree Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Snow
Sky Dog Dog breed Tree Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Floor Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
These two are definitely keeping me busy. I think they took notes from Bob, today was my day off and we ended up at my work this morning. Oakley has a bilateral ear infection and Casey has an anal gland infection. Thankfully both are easily treated. Both of them have gained weight so it's time to cut back on treats and increase exercise. Hoping the weather continues to get warmer so we can be outside, Casey and Oakley both love running the field or the pasture. I love getting pictures of these two having fun. And of course a picture if my angel boy Bob, not a day goes by that I don't miss him View attachment 890402 View attachment 890403 View attachment 890405 View attachment 890406 View attachment 890407 View attachment 890408 View attachment 890410

Bob is most definitely smiling down at you from above. I’ve always loved his smile. Hope Oakley and Casey get better quick. They’re in good hands with you ❤🐾🐾🐾🐾❤

Reactions: lexie_bushey

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,590 ·
Bob is most definitely smiling down at you from above. I’ve always loved his smile. Hope Oakley and Casey get better quick. They’re in good hands with you
I definitely still talk to him like he is here. He definitely sends me signs that he is still here. I will never stop missing him. Days are a little easier but it's also not. Casey and Oakley definitely keep me on my toes. I'm glad it isn't serious and they should be back to normal in a few days.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,591 ·
Nice weather means we get to spend the days outside! We definitely enjoyed it. Oak was chasing his ball and next thing I know Casey wanted to play too. She is the dog that does her own thing and will occasionally play with Oakley. But today she wanted to play ball and Oak wasn't sure if he wanted to share. It was a great day and now we prepare for snow and rain tomorrow.
Dog Tree Carnivore Dog breed Fawn
Dog Plant Tree Carnivore Fawn
Dog Sky Dog breed Carnivore Collar
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Fawn
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog
Dog Grass Carnivore Fawn Collar
Dog Comfort Textile Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,595 ·
What wonderful and goofy pictures! I love how Oakley tilts his head with his tongue hanging out!
Yeah, that was my favorite too...
His head tilt gets me every time! Anytime I talk to him; he gives me that face and keeps tilting his head and I can't help but smile and laugh.
Fun day for Oakley and Casey, the pictures are great!
Such a fun day wish it wasn't going to rain/snow tomorrow so we could be back out. They love being out we start our morning walking the field then playing ball. I have kongs made for our rainy day. They need something to keep busy especially with the workers coming back tomorrow to continue on the kitchen remodel

·
Administrator
54,644 Posts
His head tilt gets me every time! Anytime I talk to him; he gives me that face and keeps tilting his head and I can't help but smile and laugh. Such a fun day wish it wasn't going to rain/snow tomorrow so we could be back out. They love being out we start our morning walking the field then playing ball. I have kongs made for our rainy day. They need something to keep busy especially with the workers coming back tomorrow to continue on the kitchen remodel

I know the feeling, rainy days are a challenge for my girl, I have kongs ready, do some training, play some brain games with her.

We have a storm coming up the E Coast tomorrow that will hit my area. The St. Patty's Day Fest was canceled due to the weather. It's been two years since it had been held due to the pandemic and lots of people were really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
His head tilt gets me every time! Anytime I talk to him; he gives me that face and keeps tilting his head and I can't help but smile and laugh. Such a fun day wish it wasn't going to rain/snow tomorrow so we could be back out. They love being out we start our morning walking the field then playing ball. I have kongs made for our rainy day. They need something to keep busy especially with the workers coming back tomorrow to continue on the kitchen remodel

Great photos. They are the sweetest! Weather days are tough anyway and I know it's extra challenging with a remodel.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,598 ·
I know the feeling, rainy days are a challenge for my girl, I have kongs ready, do some training, play some brain games with her.

We have a storm coming up the E Coast tomorrow that will hit my area. The St. Patty's Day Fest was canceled due to the weather. It's been two years since it had been held due to the pandemic and lots of people were really looking forward to it.
Great photos. They are the sweetest! Weather days are tough anyway and I know it's extra challenging with a remodel.
We did get out to a store this morning for some training and they did great! Anything to tire them out. We are now hiding out in our basement with their kongs and oak isn't to sure about it yet. We will do some place work later and probably throw a toy for oak. Good thing about our basement is there is plenty of room for Casey to curl up on the couch and can play a little fetch for oak!
Dog Collar Carnivore Pet supply Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Mammal

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,599 ·
Went to the river trail with the pups. They were so happy to go for a run and oak was even happier to go swimming! Casey isn't ready to go in the water but Oakley made sure to get her wet. When then came home and raced around the yard and are now sound asleep.
Water Dog Lake Carnivore Collar
Dog Water Sky Plant Dog breed
Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar
Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Lake
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Fawn
Dog Water Dog breed Carnivore Collar
Carnivore Fawn Felidae Wood Grass
Plant Wood Twig Terrestrial animal Fawn

Attachments

1581 - 1600 of 1635 Posts