Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Such fun photos! I’m glad y’all had such a fun day. Prednisone definitely gave my last Golden incontinence issues. It’s very helpful for some issues, so that is what it is. Are those GPS devices? I didn’t know they are waterproof.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,403 ·
Great pictures, they sure had a fun filled day.
Bob is such a character, great to hear he's doing so well and enjoying life.
It was such a fun day. Bob is doing great and I love seeing him act like this. He is alwaus making me laugh and he is always so happy!
Love the smiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,404 ·
Such fun photos! I’m glad y’all had such a fun day. Prednisone definitely gave my last Golden incontinence issues. It’s very helpful for some issues, so that is what it is. Are those GPS devices? I didn’t know they are waterproof.
Prednisone is definitely not his friend but it seems to be helping with the diarrhea. We think bob had some inflammation higher up in his gi tract. Casey and Oakley are wearing ecollars. They wear them at the pond or when we go hiking. It gives them the freedom they want with me still being able to have them come to me of need be. They respond to the tone more than anything. Casey can also has some aggression issues with dogs, but with her ecollar it has given her the freedom but im still able to have control.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Prednisone is definitely not his friend but it seems to be helping with the diarrhea. We think bob had some inflammation higher up in his gi tract. Casey and Oakley are wearing ecollars. They wear them at the pond or when we go hiking. It gives them the freedom they want with me still being able to have them come to me of need be. They respond to the tone more than anything. Casey can also has some aggression issues with dogs, but with her ecollar it has given her the freedom but im still able to have control.

Oh okay. Looks just like GPS collars I've seen. I guess they all need to be waterproof anyway. We enjoy hiking and I can see where it would be nice to have the freedom of being off leash while still keeping the dogs safe.

I've had terrible issues with allergies in the past and prednisone is a wonder drug.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,406 ·
Oh okay. Looks just like GPS collars I've seen. I guess they all need to be waterproof anyway. We enjoy hiking and I can see where it would be nice to have the freedom of being off leash while still keeping the dogs safe.

I've had terrible issues with allergies in the past and prednisone is a wonder drug.
I reread my last post and Im sorry if I was a little defensive. Sometimes I have to over explain the reason for them being on ecollars. Its not everyone's favorite way to train but it has given the dogs so much freedom and taught boundaries especially since we moved and it would be really hard to fence in the yard we have. But at home 99% of the time they dont even need the collars anymore as long as they are being watched casey still likes to wander if she can lol

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I reread my last post and Im sorry if I was a little defensive. Sometimes I have to over explain the reason for them being on ecollars. Its not everyone's favorite way to train but it has given the dogs so much freedom and taught boundaries especially since we moved and it would be really hard to fence in the yard we have. But at home 99% of the time they dont even need the collars anymore as long as they are being watched casey still likes to wander if she can lol

I didn’t think you were defensive any. I can see where they could be useful tools — especially hunting and off leash hiking.

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,138 Posts
Always great seeing pictures of them, they look so happy and really enjoying life.
My guys have always been "helper" dogs which means it takes me longer to get any work done outside.
I guess if I had more than one dog they would be busy playing with each other instead....

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,410 ·
Always great seeing pictures of them, they look so happy and really enjoying life.
My guys have always been "helper" dogs which means it takes me longer to get any work done outside.
I guess if I had more than one dog they would be busy playing with each other instead....
Haha you think they would keep each other busy but its not the case with these 3! Oakley throws his ball in your way so you have to throw the ball, Casey likes to chase birds and has now started climbing trees. Bob doesn't go to far but every once and awhile will hide on the deck or in the trees.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,414 ·
They say "you don't always get the dog you want, you get the dog you need" And that is definitely true with Oakley! He is such a goofball that keeps me laughing! My troublemaker, my clown. These are some of the laughs he gave me just today!

1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts