Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1361 - 1380 of 1425 Posts

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Thank you! She was so happy today until I drew her blood and then she got her shots now she isnt to happy with me. Now we just keep an eye on her since she has vaccine reactions even when we pretreat with benadryl and give her a steroid injection.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Oh goodness, I hope she's ok and I'm sure she'll forget all about the needles soon.
Honey gets a large lump at the site of the parvo/distemper shot. I'd find it days later and almost panic...oh NO, a lump! lol She didn't get that shot this year.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,362 ·
Oh goodness, I hope she's ok and I'm sure she'll forget all about the needles soon.
Honey gets a large lump at the site of the parvo/distemper shot. I'd find it days later and almost panic...oh NO, a lump! lol She didn't get that shot this year.
She gets a good size lump from the lyme vaccine and gets lethargic for a few days but talking with my vet we decided she still needs this vaccine especially because i take her on hikes and we live near the woods now. I just make sure to keep an eye on her and we check her temp every so often.

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,277 Posts
She gets a good size lump from the lyme vaccine and gets lethargic for a few days but talking with my vet we decided she still needs this vaccine especially because i take her on hikes and we live near the woods now. I just make sure to keep an eye on her and we check her temp every so often.

She certainly does have a reaction to vaccines, hope she's feeling better soon.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,365 ·
Wow, that's some lump!
She certainly does have a reaction to vaccines, hope she's feeling better soon.
that was last year before we pretreated and trying to figure out which vaccine it was. Hopefully this year we don't have that reaction she is on claritin daily and had her cytopoint. The weird thing is it comes about 1-2 weeks after the vaccine was given

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Those are very sweet pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lexie_bushey

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,371 ·
I'm so sorry, sending good thoughts and prayers for you and Bob.
Thank you. I was nervous this morning. I let him out early this morning and he came in covered in blood and his rectum was prolapsed so we headed to work. My boss is great and rescheduled some of his morning appointments to care of bob. We tried to put it back in without surgery but he ended up needing it. I couldn't bring myself to stay during the surgery but was with him to wake up. He has a suture to hold everything in place and hopefully it heals. Hes still so happy and looked at me like why are you nervous im fine!

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,277 Posts
Thank you. I was nervous this morning. I let him out early this morning and he came in covered in blood and his rectum was prolapsed so we headed to work. My boss is great and rescheduled some of his morning appointments to care of bob. We tried to put it back in without surgery but he ended up needing it. I couldn't bring myself to stay during the surgery but was with him to wake up. He has a suture to hold everything in place and hopefully it heals. Hes still so happy and looked at me like why are you nervous im fine!

I don't blame you for being nervous, poor guy.
Doesn't surprise me none that he woke up his usual happy self.
Sounds like you have a wonderful Vet.

Wishing Bob a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,373 ·
I don't blame you for being nervous, poor guy.
Doesn't surprise me none that he woke up his usual happy self.
Sounds like you have a wonderful Vet.

Wishing Bob a speedy recovery.
I have a great vet and boss. I thanked him so many times for everything he has done for bob. He is still a little groggy but is still trying to keep up with casey and oak. So glad he doesn't need a cone.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts

So scary. I hope he's back to being himself soon.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I missed this earlier but I'm so glad sweet Bob is doing better.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,378 ·
I missed this earlier but I'm so glad sweet Bob is doing better.
That's great. We love you Bob!
Thank you both! He is having a rough day today. I have been in contact with my vet all day. He is having discharge from his back end and i didnt know that the suture only kept part of his rectum in so after he defecates it comes out that i have to push back in. Im on my way to the store to get him so gas x to see if that will make my boy more comfortable

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,379 ·
Rushing my best boy back to the vet. Bob may have ruptured rectal tissue and If my boss isn't able to help him we may be going to tufts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Sending you & Bob lots of love and support! ❤🐾❤🐾❤

1361 - 1380 of 1425 Posts