Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1387 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
Bob scared me yesterday. My dad called me while I was at work, that Bob had a pretty bad fall. He couldn't stand, wasnt able to put any weight on his front leg. I ended up carrying him all night till i brought him to work in the morning. I talked with my boss and we both felt he could wait till this morning. I brought him in and did X-rays immediately, we were worried about bone cancer, but didn't see anything on the X-rays beside him having horrible elbow arthritis which he aggravated when he fell. So today he had laser therapy and loved it while i was lasering him he fell asleep by my side. He is still a little stinker, i put the stretcher across the cat room with cases of food in front of it to keep him in there instead of a kennel and he figured how to open it to come see me. Im so happy he will be okay.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,348 ·
That's one lucky dog, and Bob thinks that dog is his....! Well done, I say, well done...
He is my heart dog so he is definitely a little more spoiled!
I'm happy Bob is okay and hope the laser will make him feel much better. He looks so darn cute in those goggles.
He is doing great this morning after 1 laser treatment. My coworker may have to go in for a little today so i may take him for another session. He didnt mibd the goggles at all.
Bob is such a character, good to hear he's alright and the laser treatment is helping him.
He really is. He didnt understand why i needed to work yesterday when he was there. He wants all my attention and was mad that i was with other dogs in front of him. He is doing great today still a little unsteady but a huge difference compared to yesterday. The laser works great and may take him for a few more treatments since it helped so much

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
It has been hot this weekend and unfortunately no pond time for these pups because Oakley is dealing with a large hot spot. We go outside for about 10-15 minutes before i make them go back inside. Other than oakley's hotspot the pups have been great. Casey goes exploring around the property everyday. Its crazy to think just a few years ago she was always leashed and now she can be trusted to stay around the property. Bob is doing great after his fall. He is back to running around and playing referee when casey and Oakley are playing. Oak has his first hotspot and doesn't understand why i wont fill his new pool. He is on antibiotics to help it to heal. Hoping to get all three of them back to the pond once oak heals up!

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,741 Posts
Great pictures, sorry to hear Oakley has a hot spot.

I saw the NE was having a heatwave...... that's the usual summertime temps for my area. Actually we haven't hit the really hot temps and high humidity yet.

Stay cool, hope Oakley's hotspot heals up quickly so everyone can go swimming soon.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Hope Bob is rested and that Oakley’s hot spot heals quickly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lexie_bushey

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,352 ·
Great pictures, sorry to hear Oakley has a hot spot.

I saw the NE was having a heatwave...... that's the usual summertime temps for my area. Actually we haven't hit the really hot temps and high humidity yet.

Stay cool, hope Oakley's hotspot heals up quickly so everyone can go swimming soon.
Its always the first heatwave that takes a bit to get used too but we normally have the pool out for the pups. I just bought them a new pool that oak loves. His hotspot is healing just taking longer than he would like lol

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,353 ·
Hope Bob is rested and that Oakley’s hot spot heals quickly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bob is doing great. He goes to my work about once a week for laser therapy and its his favorite. He normally naps while i laser his elbows. Oakley's hotspot is healing just taking longer than he wants. Its also been pretty itchy and is right under his ear so we try to keep him from scratching. We don't want to use a cone because the moisture from him panting or playing in his water bowl may make it worse

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
They are beautiful!
Hot here too, Honey puts her nose out then turns and pushes past me to get inside! lol
Its 95° F right now, casey used to love this weather and i would have to force her inside but today i have to force her to go outside Just to pee lol

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
I brought Casey to work this morning for her yearly exam and a couple vaccines. She got a clean bill of health. Before one of the vets came in, she was able to run around with my coworker's golden but she stopped at the cage my other coworker had her puppy in and casey wanted to greet him. I was worried because she is normally not good around little dogs and this is a french bulldog puppy. But she was so good not barking or lunging just wanted to sniff him. Then she went back to running around with her golden buddy. This dog surprises me all the time. She proves me wrong all the time and im glad she does. I wish i would of taken pictures of her with her new friends.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,358 ·
Great job with the puppy Casey.
Good to hear she got a clean bill of health today too.
I was so surprised how she was with the puppy i normally wouldn't let her around dogs smaller than 25-30 pounds even then I watch her closely but she of course surprised me again. I was so happy to hear she's healthy especially after bob's falls and oakley's hotspots. She did gain a little weight so we need to cut back on food and treats.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
What great news and the pics are sweet.
Thank you! She was so happy today until I drew her blood and then she got her shots now she isnt to happy with me. Now we just keep an eye on her since she has vaccine reactions even when we pretreat with benadryl and give her a steroid injection.

1341 - 1360 of 1387 Posts