Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1194 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Bob is finally cone free! He was not happy with the cone.The lump in his ear was benign! I just have to keep an eye on the area to see if there is any regrowth. But tonight we will celebrate with a run at the soccer fields!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Great news, Bob deserves to be rolling on his back.
Have fun at the soccer fields.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,128
Great news, Bob deserves to be rolling on his back.
Have fun at the soccer fields.
We had a great time at the soccer fields! Bob definitely deserved a great day out! And i think from the pictures i took he had fun!
Great news! Give Bob a smooch from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gave him his smooch along with a bunch of others cause I'm just so happy that lump is nothing!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,129
Bob spent this morning at the vet. He was having really bad diarrhea, which caused him to have a prolapsed rectum. He had to have xrays and thankfully those are clear and there are no concerns. He is now on probiotics and fiber supplements to see if that will help with the diarrhea which will then cure the prolapse. He then came home and wanted to nap.
Since today is my day off and after spending all morning with Bob at my work. I decided to take Casey and Oakley to the river trail for a hike and Oakley found out why its caused a river trail. Oak was so happy to go swimming! He is gaining more and more confidence in the water. He is even jumping off the edge into the river. Casey is waiting for a little warmer weather for her to swim but she loved going for the hike and smelling all the smells. Making plans to take them again soon and possibly signing Oak up for dock diving classes since he is loving the water so much already

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,131
Aww, poor sweet Bob. I hope he feels better quickly.
Me too. I hate that he keeps having issues. I was excited to learn how to do xrays today just wish it wasn't on my own dog. Im hoping these meds help. If i wasn't working in rooms tomorrow he would of came back to work with me so i could keep an eye on him but since I'm in appointments ill leave him home and check on him at lunch.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Hope Bob is feeling better soon, poor guy........
He looks like his usual happy self in the picture.

Really like this picture of Casey, the reflection is great.

Oakley will probably really enjoy Dock diving, have fun.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,133
Hope Bob is feeling better soon, poor guy........
He looks like his usual happy self in the picture.

Really like this picture of Casey, the reflection is great.

View attachment 870666

Oakley will probably really enjoy Dock diving, have fun.
He is still so happy! He wasn't to happy at the vet but he loves car rides and just me and him time. I didn't even notice Casey's reflection in that photo! I love it even more now! I'm thinking Oak may like dock diving, he loves the water and this boy needs another outlet for his energy. We have been hiking or going somewhere to run the past few days since he seems to have more energy than usual

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,134
These guys are loving the yard at the new house! We try to go at least once a week for them to get used to being there and they start getting very excited once i pull into the driveway. Been trying to take them for a run as much as possible since Bob may be having surgery to fix the prolapse which i worry about him having surgery. It isn't a major thing that has to be done this week but he will need it done soon if he needs it done. I have to talk with my boss and go over everything but it's been a little crazy with the changes because of the corona virus. But my pups are happy and enjoying their days and that's all that matters

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
They all look great, great to hear how much they enjoy going there.
I'm sure the adjustment will go very smoothly.

Sending good thoughts for Bob with his surgery.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
They all look great, great to hear how much they enjoy going there.
I'm sure the adjustment will go very smoothly.

Sending good thoughts for Bob with his surgery.
Im hoping they have an easy adjustment. They haven't been in the house yet and that's a concern how they will behave. But i think after they spend a lot of time running outside they will settle down. They get very excited with anything new. There's a part of me still holding out hope we can skip surgery and maybe it just needs more healing time but he's been having trouble for a few months now. I will probably get my answer tomorrow when I talk to my boss.
I missed it! Hope Bob is ok!

He's doing okay. We believe He has a prolapsed rectum from all his stomach issues and diarrhea. We have been dealing with this since January. Perks of working at a vet is you can call your boss on a Sunday and start getting a plan together. We allergy tested, xrays, different medications, new food, hoping for it to heal on his own but it hasn't fully so we may be doing surgery to fix whatever is going on but im still hoping we don't have to but im going to do whatever my boy needs.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Im hoping they have an easy adjustment. They haven't been in the house yet and that's a concern how they will behave. But i think after they spend a lot of time running outside they will settle down. They get very excited with anything new. There's a part of me still holding out hope we can skip surgery and maybe it just needs more healing time but he's been having trouble for a few months now. I will probably get my answer tomorrow when I talk to my boss.He's doing okay. We believe He has a prolapsed rectum from all his stomach issues and diarrhea. We have been dealing with this since January. Perks of working at a vet is you can call your boss on a Sunday and start getting a plan together. We allergy tested, xrays, different medications, new food, hoping for it to heal on his own but it hasn't fully so we may be doing surgery to fix whatever is going on but im still hoping we don't have to but im going to do whatever my boy needs.

Sending Bob healing prayers!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,139
Bob is doing okay. We had a setback on Saturday, he had liquid diarrhea and there was blood and his prolapse was worse. Thankfully my boss put up to meds right away before even seeing him and i brought him with me to get the meds and my boss told me to bring him inside and he stopped what he was doing to check on Bob. He consulted with the other vet and we are learning towards Bob having irritable bowel syndrome. So far he is doing better. He had his haircut and is feeling like a puppy again, running around with his siblings.
Casey got a little one on one time with me. Which i think she enjoyed. With all the craziness i forgot she needed food so I decided to take her with me. She gladly sat in the front seat watching everything go by. She walked in the store like she owned it and when i went to pay she put her paws on the counter wanting pets. It's great to see her confidence that she has now.
Oak had some fun the other day. My coworker has a golden named Finn. And Finn turned one at the beginning of the week so she threw him a birthday party! Oak was a little nervous going to the party with 6 other dogs there. Once we opened the door to go outside him, Finn and my other coworkers dog Milo went racing around the yard and Oak came out of his shell! My boy had a fun 3 hours playing with his new friends and we are already talking about getting them all together again!
In house news we just got a really good offer that we may take so our move is coming quick. There's a part of me ready to move but apart of me is going to miss this place.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
I always enjoy your updates about the pups-

Bob looks great with his new cut, hope the meds help him out.

Cute hearing about Casey walking into the store as if she owned it then putting her paws up on the counter. I have this picture of her strutting right in.....

Looks like Oakley had a lot of fun at the Birthday party and meeting new friends.

1121 - 1140 of 1194 Posts